Monday, January 3, 2022

My Reading Goals for 2022


1.  Read 200 Books - I read more than 200 in 2021 so I'm hoping to keep that streak going.  

2.  Read the books on my TBR Bingo List - I made a list of 10 books randomly selected off my Goodreads TBR and I want to read all the books on the list.

3.  Read the books on my Clear Off My Shelf List - This is a list of 10 books that have been sitting on my shelf for far too long and now seems like the time to read them.

4.  Read the books on my Library List - I have a wishlist on my library account and I picked 10 books at random to read from that list.  

5.  Read the books on my Classic Mystery List - I did this last year nad really enjoyed the mix of mysteries I ended up reading.

6.  Catch Up/Finish 10 Series - This is a continuation of 2021's Year of the Series project.

7.  Read the Agatha Christie short stories and adapted plays - I finished the Miss Marple books in 2021 and now have her short story collections as well as plays that have been turned into novels.  

8.  Finish Patricia Wentworth's Miss Silver books - I have 14 Miss Silver books left to read and I want to finish them this year.

9.  Read 5 Overdue Review Books - We aren't going to even talk about how many overdue review books I have but I want to make progress on whittling that number down and 5 seems like a good number to start with.

10.  Read 10 Books on My Keeper Shelf - I have a shelf of books I keep for reread and I'd like to read 10 books off that list to see if they still deserve the place on that shelf.

11 comments:

  1. Wishing you success with your reading goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to a great year of meeting reading goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your reading goals! I made a list of TBR books I for sure want to get to this year, similar I suppose to your TBR Bingo. I think I'm up to 13, so old better stop. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job Katherine and interesting reading goals as well. My reading was way up in 2021 but set a goal lower that the number so I never feel stressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very laudable goals and methinks you'll succeed with them. I read a post that quoted C S Lewis that went something like this - after reading three new books read one old one (reread). I can't do that but it made me think. Will have my more muted goals on Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great goals. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sound like very worthwhile goals. Best of luck!

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great goals! I also am trying to clear off some old books, which will also help me with the goal of finishing some long overdue series. Good luck ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you - clearing off my shelves and getting the house cleaned out. I'm also getting more from the library so I save some money and don't have those extra books hanging around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Phew, you go girl! I know you can do it. 👏👏👏✨

    ReplyDelete