Friday, October 2, 2020

Friday Fives - My Favorite Books for the 3rd Quarter of 2020

 


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  Michelle over at Because Reading is Better Than Real Life   used to do a Five on Fridays that I always enjoyed and I've seen a few other variations on the theme.  As well I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd give start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  Today I'm listing my favorite 5 reads that I picked up from July through September (not counting rereads).


1.  Revenge in Rubies by A.M. Stuart - This is the 2nd book in a historical mystery series set in Singapore.  I thoroughly enjoyed the 1st book and the 2nd one just might have been even better!



2.  The Last Curtain Call by Juliet Blackwell - I was surprised by just how much I enjoyed this paranormal cozies.  There's lots of Old Hollywood and bunches of ghostly fun.  


3.  The Amazing Mrs. Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman - This book was pure bonkers in the best possible way!


4.  Murder in the East End by Jennifer Ashley - This is one of my absolute favorite historical mystery series and I love that we got to learn a little bit more about Daniel in this book.


5.  The Summoning by Heather Graham - I've noticed a bit of a trend with Graham's Krewe books. Three come out every year with a link of some kind.  I love the first one, the second one is enjoyable, and the third is a bit meh.  I can't swear that last year's trilogy follows the same plan but I will say I thoroughly enjoyed the first one set in ghostly Savannah.

What were some of your favorite books this quarter?

9 comments:

  1. The Amazing Mrs. Pollifax sounds really good! I don't read paranormal and not many historical fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo I like the look of The Summoning but I’ll maybe try the first book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading The Ravenels series/historical romances and the Death in a Budapest Butterfly cozy mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all sound so good. I haven't read any of them yet but they are on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all look delightful! Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed Murder in the East End too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good titles - they call to me this time of year! Cozy cuddlers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A big yes to Murder at the East End - I loved this latest in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How have I not read Murder in the East End yet?! I love that series. All of these sound like books I would enjoy. Revenge Rubies is on my wish list as is Juliet Blackwell's series. And you can't go wrong with Heather Graham.

    ReplyDelete