Thursday, October 15, 2020

Books from the Backlog - Myth and Magic

 


Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long! 


Goodreads:  Myth and Magic by Mae Clair

Blurb:  As children, they played games of myth and magic…


Veronica Kent fell in love with Caith Breckwood when they were children. As a teenager, she was certain he was the man she was destined to marry. But a traumatic event from Caith's past led him to fear a future together. He left Veronica, hoping to save her from a terrible fate. Twelve years later, Caith, now a P.I., is hired to investigate bizarre incidents at the secluded retreat Veronica manages. Returning to his hometown, Caith is forced to face his nightmares—and his feelings for the woman he’s always loved.

Then one day, the monsters became real.

After the callous way Caith broke her heart, Veronica isn’t thrilled to see him again. But strange occurrences have taken a dangerous toll on business at Stone Willow Lodge. Forced to work together, Veronica discovers it isn’t ghostly apparitions that frighten her, but her passion for a man she has never forgotten. Or forgiven. Can two people with a tarnished past unearth a magical future?

Why It Needs to Come Off the Shelf:  This has been sitting on my review shelf for 5 years and I had forgotten all about it but it looks like lots of Gothic-y fun!

8 comments:

  1. Ooooooh, sounds intriguing. Yes, dust it off and join us for the Fraterfest Read-a-thon! Will be a perfect fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so good! I love that cover, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of this book but it sounds great! I hope you enjoy it, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New to me and sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not one for mysteries, but I'm all there for monsters! I hope you get a chance to read it so I can see what you thought. 📚

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read this author yet but I do have one of her books on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks intriguing and I like the title.

    ReplyDelete