Friday, May 18, 2018

Friday Linkups - Ghost Night



It's Friday linkup time!  I'm linking up with the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Coffee Addicted Writer, Book Beginnings of Fridays hosted by Rose City Reader, and the Friday 56 hosted by Freda's Voice

This Week's Book Blogger Hop Question:
What were your worst movies based off of books?

My Answer:
I wasn't a fan of the movie Coraline.  I enjoyed the book quite a bit but thought the movie was trying to be weird so hard that it lost the story itself.  The movie Moonraker (James Bond) was fun in a it's so bad it's good campy way but it really doesn't do justice to the book which is fantastic.

This week's book is the 2nd in a romantic suspense trilogy that takes place in Key West, Florida.  I read the first one last year and really enjoyed but was never able to get around to reading the 2nd book.  Summer always makes romantic suspense more appealing for some reason so I decided to make time to read Ghost Night by Heather Graham.  So far it's nice and spooky!

The Beginning:
The sound of the bloodcurdling scream was as startling as the roar of thunder on a cloudless day.

My Thoughts:
I do love when a suspense novel starts out with a scream!  

The 56: 
"Other things have happened.  Bad things.  Not involved with filming, but with other boaters who disappeared near Haunt Island."

My Thoughts:
I think Haunt Island sounds like a place to avoid!

So what do you think?  What genre do you start craving when the temperature starts rising?


17 comments:

  1. Ghost night sounds awesome and I look forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed the few Heather Graham novels I've read. Glad you're liking this one so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never noticed that my reading tastes change seasonally. I have read a few by Heather Graham and enjoyed them but this one is new to me. This week I am spotlighting Triple Crown by Felix Francis. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what I've read of hers, so I am keen on this one! Happy Victoria Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love romantic suspense, and I've been noticing Heather Graham's books. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE SMELL OF OTHER PEOPLE’S HOUSES”

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep meaning to read some of Heather Graham's books, but I get distracted. I haven't read much romantic suspense in a long time - used to read a lot more. Maybe at some point I will again. As to 'bad movies' from 'good books' - can't think of any right off the top of my head. I am always a little skeptical, but have decided to give the benefit of the doubt to especially TV adaptations. For example, Longmire the TV show is very good - it's different from the books, but good in its own way. It was the same for me with the Harry Potter movies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've yet to watch Coraline. I tend to enjoy movies if I haven't read the books...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds so good. I love this author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you're enjoying the read. Hope it continues to please.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought Coraline would be good. I've yet to read the book, but I started watching the movie with my 3 year old but it just didn't grip him so we had to change the channel LOL

    Angelica @ Paperback Princess

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Inkspell movie was horrible and I hate that when I recommend that book that a lot of people mention not liking the movie and it put them off from reading the book. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like fun:). I'm not sure that my reading is at all seasonal - it rains a lot here all year around, anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't yet seen Coraline because I want to read the book first. My daughter's seen part of it and thought it was too scary to finish. The Heather Graham sounds good. It's been too long since I last read one of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely jumping you right into things. I need to try her books at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haunt Island? I need to know why people keep going back to a place called Haunt Island. Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Coraline never really stood out to me as a film, so it somewhat put me off of reading the book. However, I have heard good things, so I might have to give it a go in the future, even if the film was done badly.

    Feel free to check out my own answer if you wish!

    - Charlotte (InkBlottings)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't read much of the James Bond books, but some of the Roger Moore movies are quite campy aren't they!

    ReplyDelete