Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Coming Home by Mariah Stewart - Review


Coming Home by Mariah Stewart

Rating: 4 Stars

Description:  This is the first book in the Chesapeake Diaries series.  Vanessa and Grady both have rocky pasts and prefer to stay unattached. However, when her brother marries his sister in the idyllic little coastal Maryland town of St. Dennis they find themselves spending a lot of time together and actually liking it.  When Vanessa's demons come back for a visit Grady must reevaluate the decisions he's made for is future.

Genre: Romantic Suspense

My Impression:  When I ordered this book from Paperback Swap the sender contacted me to recommend that I order the rest of the series too and I'm glad I did!  I've read quite a bit of Stewart's books in the past ane always enjoyed them. This is a little heavier on the romance with a lighter touch of supense then previous books which I didn't find a bad thing.  I loved the main characters and the side characters and am really looking forward to reading the rest of the series.  The main negative with this book is that Grady is a member of the family that Stewart's Last series focused on.  While I read all of the Last books it's been awhile and I don't remember all of the characters.  I spent more of the book than I wanted to trying to remember how Grady's brother met his wife and so on.  I"m really looking forward to reading the next one in the series and I'm very glad I have the next 4 sitting there waiting for me.

Would I Read More of this Series/Author?: Yes definitely!

Would I Recommend this Book?:  Yes especially for those who like a small town/community feel

No comments:

Post a Comment