Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Books On My TBR Set During Fall


I live in the Southern US and fall is kind of a if you blink you'll miss it season.  It's frequently in the 90s when trick or treating comes around and shorts and tshirts are what you wear to go pick your pumpkin.  Because of this I'm looking at 10 books on my TBR that take place during fall so I can at least experience a bookish fall!


1.  First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen - I normally read this author's books during the summer but this one set in October sounds perfect for right now.

2.  A Dream of Death by Connie Berry - Not just fall but fall in Scotland with some murders thrown in.

3.  A Trip with Trouble by Diane Kelly - I really enjoyed this series set in the Blue Ridge mountains and this one set during the fall sounds like lots of fun.

4.  The Simplicity of Cider by Amy E. Reichert - I'm not a big fan of pumpkin so to me when I think food of fall apples and cider are at the top of the list and this sounds wonderful.

5.  Bitter Harvest by Wendy Tyson - Murder during an Oktoberfest sounds like a perfect fall read.


6.  The Sun Down Motel by Simone St James - I just read a book by this author that I really enjoyed and this one set in fall at a rundown hotel in upstate New York sounds like just the right amount of creepy.

7.  Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman - This one has been on my TBR for ages.

8.  Death at Dovecote Hatch by Dorothy Cannell - Murder at a family manor house and digging into family secrets while the leaves are changing colors!  Yes please!

9.  The Guest List by Lucy Foley - Fall on an island in Ireland with lots of murder sounds like another perfectly creepy read.  

10. Silent Auction by Jane K. Cleland - Fall in New Hampshire with murder and antiques!

Do you get much of a fall where you live?  Do you have any books set in fall that are on your TBR?

12 comments:

  1. I liked both The Sun Down Motel and Practical Magic. And both Bitter Harvest and First Frost sound like great reads, too. Happy Fall Reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever read a list of books to go with the season we're in, but I like that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! A Trip with Trouble is coming up on my stack to read but first I want to read the first book in the series. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some interesting picks. I enjoyed The Sundown Motel but I LOVED The Guest List.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished listening to all four Practical Magic books, and I just loved them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My fall is like yours. It's wonderful to read a book to prolong fall here! And this is a perfect list for that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this time of year. I do want to read Motel and more Lucy Foley too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We do get Fall where I am, so you do miss out a bit. I always feel though that Christmas should be winter and we do miss out on that being in summer. I guess you get a pretty warm Christmas too. Lovely list of books. First Frost is only one I've read and I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved The Simplicity of Cider! I am like you, more about apples and cider and all that. I read a book called Cider Revival, a non fiction cider book, and that was a good read too.

    We have those hot days here occasionally in fall too - but they are not the norm. :( I feel like fall is our gift for having to deal with a million months of snow and lack of color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked Lucy Foley's books. It's like that here too - the weather. Supposed to be 85 today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Same. I live in the Phoenix area and we're still getting temps in the 80s. That will continue until about December. When I first moved here, I bought my kids bulky, long-sleeved Halloween costumes. It didn't take long to realize that wasn't a good idea for Halloween in Arizona! LOL.

    I'm a big St. James fan and THE SUN-DOWN MOTEL is probably my favorite of hers. I'm less keen on Foley, although I do like the premises of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you like Practical Magic more than I did. I loved the two prequels, though. 📚

    ReplyDelete