Saturday, October 1, 2022

Reading Recap - September 2022

 

Monthly Total: 18 (Not as many as I hoped for but not too bad)

Monthly Breakdown: 

Print: 4
Ebook: 5
Audio: 9

Mystery: 15
Fiction: 1
Nonfiction: 1
Romance: 1

Favorite Book of the Month:


The Night She Disappeared by Lisa Jewell - I forgot how much I enjoyed her books and this one kept me absolutely hooked.

A Death in Door County by Annelise Ryan - I was a little nervous about this one because it's a touch outside my comfort zone but it was an absolute delight!

Least Favorite Book:

Heiresses: The Lives of the Million Dollar Babies by Laura Thompson
- I didn't dislike this one but it was a little drier and more about heiresses overall than a more personal look and specific heiresses.


Where My Bookish Travels Have Taken Me This Month:

In the US I visited Wisconsin for the first time this year.

Internationally, I visited England, France and Ireland.  

It was a fairly quiet bookish travel month as almost all the books I read seemed to be set in California and North Carolina for some reason.

How was your reading in September?





10 comments:

  1. I like how you mention where you traveled via books. I have been in England book-wise lately but just finished a cozy set in France. Love Lisa Jewell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read a few of Lisa Jewell's books but now I leave them for the true mystery/thriller readers. My great number of audio, I do think they enhance a book when read well. Then it makes me love the book even more. At present Lessons in Chemistry which is a much hyped book is going really well for me on audio. Loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter heads back to Ireland on the 19th for a vacay. Beautiful place! Fantastic job with books! Happy spooky season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Night She Disappeared looks good, I may add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a great month. I liked A Death in Door County too. I didn't know what to expect but it was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read A Death in Door Country. And that Lisa Jewell novel sounds really good, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still want to read a Lisa Jewel book. One day I'll stop requesting so many books and I'll have time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 18 books sounds great to me! And keeping track of your (virtual) travels is a really cool idea.

    ReplyDelete