Saturday, January 2, 2021

Ten Classic Mysteries on my 2021 TBR

 



1.  The Body in the Library by Agatha Christie - Really I'm hoping to finish all of the Miss Marple books this year but this is the next one on my list.

2.  The Clock Strikes Twelve by Patricia Wentworth - Another book that is the next in a series that I'm hoping to finish this year.  I've been reading Miss Silver for ages but this is the first time I've ever read them all in order and I've discovered a couple that I've missed over the years so I'm excited to keep going

3.  Clouds of Witness by Dorothy L. Sayers - Somehow I've never read very much by Sayers and I really need to fix that so I'm going to pick up the next Lord PeterWimsey mystery this year.

4.  The Elusive Mrs. Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman - Last year I read the first two Mrs. Pollifax mysteries and had the best time with them so I'm really looking forward to continuing the series.

5.  The Sign of Four by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle -  I listened to the first Sherlock Holmes mystery in 2019 and really meant to continue in order but then completely forgot.


6.   The Religious Body by Catherine Aird - I discovered Catherine Aird a number of years ago and have read two books by her.  I really enjoyed both but somehow never read anything else by her.  This year I'm hoping to change that.  

7.  The Bat by Mary Roberts Rinehart - I'm a little confused about this one.  Some things I've read say it's just a rewrite of The Circular Staircase which I read in 2020 and really enjoyed.  But it also sounds really different.  So I decided to put my curiosity to rest and just read this and compare!

8.  Brat Farrar by Josephine Tey - While I have read Daughter of Time several times I have neglected Tey's other books and am looking forward to giving this one a try.

9.  The Affair of the Blood-Stained Egg Cozy by James Anderson - I know nothing about this one and was surprised to see that it wasn't quite as classic as I thought it was but the title sounds incredibly classic so I'm keeping it in the list.

10. Thunder on the Right by Mary Stewart - I'm not sure exactly how much of a mystery this one is as Mary Stewart has surprised me on that end in the past but it sounds good and spooky so I'm counting it!

Have you read any of these?

12 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful list of mysteries by a nice variety of authors. I hope you love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you love them all. I’m also hoping to pick up more classics this year, but I haven’t decided which ones yet. Happy 2021!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list Katherine. I'm planning on reading the first Miss Marple this month after your review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you've got some good books to look forward to. I love Miss Marple and The Body in the Library is a good one. And Mrs. Pollifax can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned. Thunder On the Right - set in France? Long time since I read that one and I don't remember much about it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, a few of those authors are new to me. I have a bunch of classics I should get to. Good idea, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not really a classic reader but I might be able to handle a classic mystery. I should check out these authors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool list I will have to check some of these out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the best with this list Katherine, I hope they provide many hours of enjoyable reading for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great list! So many great authors on here. I hope you get a chance to read them all and love them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm trying to remember if I've read Thunder on the right.... Love Mary Stewart. Oh well, good excuse to just read it. Again or not!

    Nice choices. Sure you are going to enjoy them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This year I'm going to read more Christie- hopefully :):)

    ReplyDelete