Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten New to Me Authors I Read in 2020

 


Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is New to Me Authors in 2020.  2020 was mostly comfort reading for me so I wasn't expecting very many new authors but I actually got quite a few in.


1.  Margaret Loudon - I enjoyed this first book in the series about an American author who becomes the writer in residence for a bookstore set in an English village.  I'm really looking forward to seeing how this series progresses.

2.  Kate Belli - I love historical mysteries so I was super excited about Deception by Gaslight.  It wasn't my favorite but it's a series I think has so much potential.

3.  Dashiell Hammett - I love the Sam Spade movies so I was so excited to listen to The Maltese Falcon.  Unfortunately, it's one of the few books where I can say that the movie is better.

4.  Lucy Ness - Haunted Homicide was essentially Nancy Drew for grown ups and it's a series that I'm so excited to continue.

5.  Alyssa Maxwell - I picked up Murder at Crossways because it was set in Rhode Island and really enjoyed it.  I've had several books by Alyssa Maxwell on my shelves for years and I'm exited to catch up in the series.


6.  Gil Hornby - 2020 was the year of mysteries but Miss Austen was one of the few exceptions.  

7.  Elizabeth Logan - The first two books in this cozy mystery series set in a diner in Alaska were both really enjoyable and a bit different.

8.  Lian Dolan - Another mystery exception but I really enjoyed The Sweeney Sisters and all the family secrets.

9.  Beverly Long - This was a mystery but this series is definitely not cozy!  However Ten Days Gone and the 2nd book were some of my most enjoyed mysteries.

10. Amor Towles - After so much time saying I WAS going to read this book I finally did pick up A Gentleman in Moscow and read my first book by Towles.

What new to you authors did you discover in 2020?


10 comments:

  1. Hi Katherine! The only author I recognize on your list is Amor Towles. A Gentleman in Moscow is on my reading list for this year. I want to take a look at Beverly Long!

    Happy TTT!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well these are all new to me, but I don't read in this genre very often.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read The Maltese Falcon and I haven't ever watched the movie so I am curious if I will like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read Dashiell Hammett (or many of the crime greats, I suppose) but they sound interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great to find new authors that we enjoy. I think I noted Miss Austen but never got any further - must follow up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice list! I'm loving Maxwell also. Lucy Ness sounds like an author I need to check out as well. I like the idea of an adult Nancy Drew :)

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2020 included a lot of comfort reading for me, too. Glad you got a chance to try Amor Towles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not read any of these authors yet. I wonder how many new to me authors I read last year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cover of Miss Austen. 🌸

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not read any of these authors or books, but I am familiar with several of the names. I find cozies to be great comfort to me as well.

    ReplyDelete