Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday - Books With Long Titles on My TBR

 


Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is all about long titles.  I'm looking at the longest titles on my TBR (without counting subtitles).  I am quite sure there are longer titles out there but these are the ones I want to read!  And it turns out that I am not especially attracted to long titles!


1.  The Wife, the Maid, and the Mistress by Ariel Lawhon - I have started this book about half a dozen times but always ended up having to send it back to the library before I made any real progress on it.  I'm thinking of getting the audio.

2.  The Scandalous Sisterhood of Pickwillow Place by Julie Berry - I'm convinced I read this one but Goodreads says otherwise and I have no memory of it so I figure a reread wouldn't hurt.

3.  As Chimney Sweepers Come to Dust by Alan Bradley - All of the Flavia de Luce book titles are pretty long but this was just the first one that came up.

4.  How to Lose a Duke in Ten Days by Laura Lee Guhrke - I haven't read much historical romance (or really any romance) lately but this is one of my favorite authors and I adore this title.

5.  The Murders of Mrs. Austen and Mrs. Beal by Jill McGown - I read a few books from this author years and years ago and picked this one up when I saw it in a used bookstore recently.  Now I just need to read it!


6.  The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman - I've read a couple of Gaiman's more middle grade books and enjoyed them and this one looks interesting.

7.  The Affair of the Bloodstained Egg Cozy by James Anderson - I can't remember where I came across this one but I love the title and am looking forward to reading it.

8.  The Dead Duke, His Secret Wife, and the Missing Corpse by Marie Piu Eatwell - How can I resist that title?  

9.  The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris by Jenny Colgan - A lovely chocolate shop in Paris sounds a bit like heaven.

10.  The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente - And saving the longest for last!

What are some books with long titles on your TBR?  Have you read any of these?

13 comments:

  1. This is a fun topic! I like Girl Who Circumnavigted Fairyland- that one has always cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep forgetting to join this meme :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. The longest title is a bit of a mouthful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katherine! So glad to see you on TTT again! How could I forgot about The Ocean at the end of the lane... One of my favorites and it's right here next to me on the book shelf.
    I must still read the Flavia de Luce series. If you like it, I will most probably too!

    Happy TTT and here's my Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Book Titles

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL; I have never seen a book with a long title before. This was a humorous list to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah long titles- this was a fun idea. I never really think about long or short titles but generally I'd say I read titles that are fairly short!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still have to get back to reading the Fairyland books. The longest title I can recall right now is The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy Julie Berry's books and SCANDALOUS was a fun one.

    Happy TTT (on a Friday)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these covers! Great list!
    Reference:
    Self help books

    ReplyDelete