Friday, April 19, 2019

Friday Fives - YouTube Channels I'm Loving

I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  Michelle over at Because Reading is Better Than Real Life   used to do a Five on Fridays that I always enjoyed and I've seen a few other variations on the theme.  As well I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd give start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  This week is one of the not so much weeks.  The last year or so I discovered YouTube (because clearly I'm on top of trends!).  I mean I knew what YouTube was but thought it was mostly for looking up how to do something or watching the occasional movie trailer.  But then I discovered different YouTube channels that I really enjoyed.  This happened right about the time we changed cable companies and I stopped being able to watch saved TV shows on my tablet.  And with the fact that my usual constant stream of crime shows started causing my crazy intense anxiety and I had to start looking elsewhere for my background noise.  Here are 5 of my favorite YouTube channels!


1.  Safiya Nygaard - Safiya was really the first YouTube channel I ever discovered and she's still my favorite.  She's funny but in a smart way and always seems to put a little bit of history or research in her videos.  Her videos range from topics like "I Dressed Like it was 1977" and "The History of Lipstick" to trying suspiciously cheap companies like Wish or Romwe.  She's also done stuff like buying an abandoned storage or a palette of Amazon Returns.  Really it'd be easier to talk about what she HASN'T done. 


2.  RachhLovesLife - I discovered this channel shortly after I found her somewhat more popular makeup channel but I think this one is really my favorite.  She tests all kinds of online "hacks" or top rated products and she is absolutely hilarious.  My favorite videos are the ones where she's playing Sims4 and I never like those kinds of videos but her spin on it is just so funny.


3.  TheTimTracker - This channel basically focuses on Tim and his wife Jen having adventures at all the Orlando area amusement parks with a special focus on Disney World.  They do a great job exploring all the different parks, festivals, tasting new food, and discovering new experiences.  They always give very honest well reasoned opinions but all the time coming off as upbeat and just super nice.  I may have found them when I was deep in my Disney World obsession (still there) but I keep watching them because they're just such fun.


4.  Yoga with Adriene - So this isn't really background noise as I'm usually actually doing the Yoga practice but I can't make a list of favorite channels without mention this one.  I have done one of her practices almost every day this year and I'm feeling better than I have in years.  I have several other yoga channels that I enjoy but Adriene is the one that I always go back to.


5.  Mellissa - Mellissa is a reseller on eBay and she does haul videos with her husband Bare showing what they picked up at the Goodwill Bins or other thrift stores.  They also do unboxings from different companies that are geared towards resellers.  She also videos about putting together packages.  Honestly, none of this stuff really appeals to me but Mellissa is just the absolute nicest person I've ever come across and I just love their videos.  Something about them is so calming and uplifting and even though their videos are LONG I never get bored or tired of them.

Do you watch YouTube?  Who are some of your favorites?

9 comments:

  1. I don't watch YouTube for entertainment that much, but I do use YouTube for how-to videos, especially for spinning and knitting, and for fixing things around the house. I also watch/listen to the occasional music video (mostly classical music, choral and a capella groups, and folk/ethnic/world music, with forays into pop, country, and other contemporary genres.) But I've been wanting to start yoga, so thank you for the Adrienne link -- that's going to be really helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do subscribe to quite a few You Tube channels but the ones I mainly watch are quilting ones or ones I just want to learn anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son and daughter in law watch TheTimTracker on YouTubeTV and they also watch Paging Mr. Morrow and have actually met them in person. They also watch a few other theme park reviewers. They got me hooked on them so now I'm subscried to them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really do YouTube on a regular basis but I used it to learn how to knit! It was amazing for that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Tim Tracker definitely sounds worth checking out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't really watch YouTube. I tend to go looking for specific things like versions of Ninja Warrior or TV episodes vI missed but I don't have time to just watch endless videos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not ever heard of any of these. I watch some booktube and some who are doing the keto diet like I am. It can be addicting sometimes...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Safiya's channel sounds like something I would be interested in. I'll have to check it out. 👍✨

    ReplyDelete
  9. I watch a couple of knitting podcasts + a few cooking ones also.

    ReplyDelete