Monday, January 21, 2019

Ramblings from the Stacks - 2019 Bookish Resolutions

It's time for 2019 Bookish Resolutions!  I was pretty pleased with last year's resolutions (find them here) even though I didn't do quite as well as I would have liked.  One of the things I think I was missing last year was specifics.  I mean I'm always going to want to read more books off my shelves but this time I'm going to attach a number to the resolution.  So here are my 8 Resolutions for 2019! 

1.  Read 200 Books in 2019 - So I only got to 146 in 2018 but I had a lot of stuff come up and I think I've learned a thing or two so I'm going to try again.

2.  Complete the Modern Mrs. Darcy Reading Challenge (here) and the Read Christie 2019 Challenge (here)

3.  Read 4 Nonfiction Books - That makes it one per quarter.  I really enjoy nonfiction but somehow never take the time to read any.

4.  Read 10 Books I Already Own - Not a huge number but I've got to start somewhere!


5.  Make Progress On Series I've Enjoyed But Neglected - Read 5 off of this list.

6.  Read at least half the books this list and this list -   I'm trying to make some progress on some of the lists I enjoy making!

7.  Read 4 Classics - or at least books I have deemed classics.

8.  Try 10 new cookbooks either purchased or from the library.


I normally do lists of 10 but I'm going to stop at 8 because I'm not trying to push myself this year except on the reading number!  Like last year I'll check in quarterly so I can remind myself of just what I decided to try and do this year!

What are your bookish goals for 2019?

16 comments:

  1. I remember reading 200+ books back in the day, so that would be an accomplishment if I could do that with my schedule. But there are so many good books out there this year. I like the cookbooks, adn reading something I already own too. Great list and thanks! RO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will freely admit that I've never read 200 books in a year. Good luck to you on that goal! I really don't have any book goals this year. I sort of have book wishes or hopes, but I'm giving myself permission (why do I feel I need to do that? topic for another day?) to read whatever, whenever, and the total or content will be as I like. I wish to go back to days of reading as I did before I 'knew' so much about books, authors, and what's coming next. I can't seem to avoid 'knowing' about those things, but I seem to remember being more satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals!! 200 seems like so many but hope you get there!!! I also want to read more classics even if I didn't make it an official goal. I did read Pride & Prejudice already and liked it. Good luck with all of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck accomplishing your goals! They are ambitious, but there are only eight - ha! My main goals are to get back to reading classics and read more of the books I own. Not sure I could ever get to 200 of them though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh good luck! I should try the Christie challenge haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome goals!! I hope you have a great 2019!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great resolutions and all the best for them. I stumble on classics although I did read one last year. I have one in my sights for this year but am a bit worried I will struggle but who knows! (Middlemarch)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good bookish resolutions! Love the images of the shelves, too.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't set my goal for 200 books this year but that is really what I am trying for. I usually get close but I think I might make it this year since we will have an empty nest for the last part of 2019. Good luck with all of your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sooo impressed at the number of books you're intending to read - I am keeping my reading target to reading a 100 books during the year. And I also like the fact that you are making your challenges very realistic... Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to try for 200 books as well. I didn't get anywhere close last year (I only read 149), but I'm already ahead of schedule for 2019. Good luck to us both!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are some goals. Mine are to get in some audiobooks, to read at least 65 books this year during my busy multi-crafter life, and well, the library love is a bit of cheating but hey, I'm supporting my local library system, yeah?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm trying to read one Nonfiction a month, but I haven't started out well because I still need to read one for this month. Ha ha. 😄

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dang! I can’t even seem to make it to 100 books read lol. 200 would be absolutely amazing!! Good luck with your reading goals this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've got a lot of challenges running this year but mostly it is about reducing piles of paperbacks and ebooks, catching up on series and getting reviews done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It seems like you have set yourself some doable, and not overly restricted, reading goals for 2019 - that's always the best way! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete