Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Books I'm Looking Forward To in the First Half of 2017

This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic from The Broke and the Bookish is the Top Ten Books I'm Looking Forward to in the First Half of 2017.  For starters how is 2017 even a thing?  It sounds like it would be the year some event in a scifi book is set in.  And seriously just where did 2016 go?  I'm not ready!  I have so much more to read!    But since time doesn't appear to have a pause button I guess it's time to look ahead and what treats lie in store for me in 2017!

1.  In Farleigh Field by Rhys Bowen (March 1, 2017) - Bletchley Park and one of my favorite mystery authors!  I'm so excited about this book I can barely stand it!

2.  Gone Without a Trace by Mary Torjussen (April 11, 2017) - I'm a sucker for a psychological thriller and this one looks fascinating.  I love the whole concept about all the chaos caused by someone not just disappearing but having everything connected with them disappear as well.

3.  Death and the Grave Diggers Angel by Loretta Ross (February 8, 2017) - I love this cozy mystery series.  The first 2 have been fantastic and I can't wait to see what's going to happen next.

4.  Wires and Nerves, Volume 1 by Marissa Meyer (January 31, 2017) - a graphic novel about Iko?  Yes please!

5.  Devil in Spring by Lisa Kleypas (February 21, 2017) - I can't even describe how excited I am about this one!  Devil in Winter is one of my favorite historical romances ever and this one is about their son!  Can't wait!

6.  Garden of Lamentations by Deborah Crombie (February 7, 2017) - Deborah Crombie might just be my favorite mystery author ever even though I'm a bit behind on her books so I can't wait for this newest one!

7.  She Stopped for Death by Elizabeth Kane Buzzelli (January 10, 2017) - I really enjoyed the first book in the Little Library series am am looking forward to seeing what happens in this next book

8.  Seven Minutes in Heaven by Eloisa James (January 31, 2017) - Eloisa James is probably my most neglected historical romance author and I really want to read more of her books.  Plus, I heard an interview where she was talking about htis one and it was hysterical!

9.  Solutions and Other Problems by Allie Brosh (2017 maybe?) Pretty sure this was on my books I was looking forward to in 2016 list because the pub date keeps getting pushed back but I keep hoping it'll happen!  Loved her first book and miss her blog!

10. The Girl with the Make Believe Husband by Julia Quinn (May 30, 2017) - It's a new Julia Quinn so that equals auto-buy!

What releases are you looking forward to in 2017?

17 comments:

  1. Rhys Bowen is on my 'to read' list... is this book part of a series?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some good looking ones. I need to get my current Bowen and Kleypas read in 2017. So many pretty pretty reads :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the first I have heard of Wires and Nerves. It sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to finally get to my copy of Farleigh Field :) I have to check out the others you mentionedd though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really excited (and nervous!) for Devil in Spring, too!!!!!!! I have only read one Eloisa James novel, My American Duchess, but I loved it. I need to read more and am also looking forward to Seven Minutes. Where did you see the interview. I'd love to see it too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah the three romance writers I'll be on the look out for, James, Quinn and Kleypas, always enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. IN FARLEIGH FIELD is on my list today, too. I've never read anything by its author, so I'm excited to see what I think. I hope we both love it.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know... 2017 just feels so WEIRD. Anyway Gone Without A Trace sounds fantastic. That description alone has me off to go look it up on Goodreads lol. I love disappearances and mysteries like that... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am excited about Wires and Nerves, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I could push pause on 2016 too. I feel like we're living in the future, only it isn't as remarkable as the books and movies make it sound. Haha

    I love the sound of all of these (The Girl with the Make Believe Husband is such a great title!). There are a few 2017 titles I know I want to read this coming year, but I am not ready to commit them to a list just yet.

    Thanks for sharing, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of any of those! I need to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous list! I want to read 3/4 of those titles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK, just add any of these that weren't already on my list to my list (except maybe Gone Without a Trace.) I had forgotten about the Iko graphic novel, and I didn't know about the new Julia Quinn until I saw it on someone else's list. Needless to say, I've already preordered it! I should probably read more Eloisa James, too; I've liked the one or two I've read so far.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thumbs up for the graphic novel! I am hoping to add some this year, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like some promising reading. We have Gone Without a Trace in common.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh so many books to look forward, aren't there?!

    ReplyDelete