Like pretty much every reader I have piles of books stuck in every corner I can find. And probably like lots of you I tend to ignore the books I already own in favor of newer shinier review books that land on me through the year. So last year I'm combed through my physical TBR shelf and came up with 12 I wanted to read and tried to get them all read. The results? Seven out of twelve read which I'm calling that a win. For 2017 I made a list of 10 books I want to read this year. I'm hoping to make another list of library checkouts as well and I also want to read the 5 books I didn't get to in 2016. Plus 10 is such a nice round number!
2. The Kitchen Counter Cooking School by Kathleen Flinn - This has been on my TBR for YEARS. It was the first book by Flinn that was recommended to me and for some reason I've read the books on either side of this one but never this. 2017 is the year!
3. All Facts Considered by Kee Malesky - This is a book written by the research department for All Things Considered. I heard an interview about the book years and years ago and it sounded really interesting and now I'm going to get around to reading the book.
4. The House on Tradd Street by Karen White - There's ghosts and houses being renovated all in Charleston which is one of my absolutely favorite settings!
6. Ghost Night by Heather Graham - This is actually the 2nd in a trilogy and the first was on my 2016 TBR list and I haven't read it yet. So first I have to read that one and then I'll read this one but they both look like seriously spooky fun.
7. Unhallowed Ground by Kate Ellis - I discovered Kate Ellis in a used bookstore pre-Amazon days and fell in love with the 2 books they had but wasn't able to get anymore. I've acquired quite a collection and am looking forward to reconnecting with the procedural style mystery series.
8. Untraceable by Laura Griffin - I love really suspenseful romantic suspense and I read the most recent book in this series earlier this year and loved it. This is the first book so I'm looking forward to understanding the structure and the characters a little better!
9. A High End Finish by Kate Carlisle - I love Kate Carlisle's Bibliophile series and I love home renovation so I'm expecting good things from this series about restoring old houses. There's also going to be a Hallmark movie series on these books and I'm so excited I can barely stand it!
10. Because of Miss Bridgerton by Julia Quinn - I reread the first book in the Bridgerton series earlier this week and remembered why I love them so much so I'm really looking forward to this prequel!
What are you hoping to read in 2017?