Saturday, December 31, 2016
52 Pins in 52 Weeks - 2016 Conclusion
My original goal for this project was to tackle some of the pins that had been setting ignored and neglected for way too long but in the end I think I got a little more out of it than just using up the pins so here are a few things I've learned along the way.
What I've Learned:
2. I need to plan WAY in advance for crafts. I'm not good at getting them completed or um... starting them at a moments notice.
3. Trust my instincts. While it's always fun to take a risk with flavor combinations or new to me methods if I think there's too much extract and not enough fresh ingredients in a recipe or if I feel like the batter will be too bready I'm probably right.
4. I really don't have to do every pin I pin. Sometimes - especially early on - I just got caught up in the fun of pinning and just because something looks cute doesn't mean I have to do do it if it isn't something I'd enjoy. It's okay to delete those pins.
Changes I want to make going forward:
2. Do more holiday or seasonal pins. The Tornado just turned 7 and I feel like the end of his enjoyment of seasonal type projects and food is within sight. If I want Easter bunny bark to be part of his Easter or whatever I need to actually get to doing it and I need to start soon.
3. Get better about cleaning out pins. I love Pinterest and pinning and all of that BUT having so many pins means things get lost. When a pin doesn't work I need to start making an effort to delete it quickly so that I clear some space and don't attempt it again!
4. Don't plan to get any pins accomplished between Christmas and New Years. It just isn't going to happen.
I'm using today to pin 52 things I want to try in 2017 and make sure all the flops from last year are deleted. I'm looking forward to getting started on another fun year of not just pinning but attempting!