The Broke and The Bookish is Ten Facts About Me.
2. I was born and have lived my entire life in Alabama but I dislike grits, cornbread, collard greens, white gravy, okra, and a number of other things that are deemed things that all Southerns must like. I'm also neutral on sweet tea.
3. I'm addicted to crime shows - true crime, fictional crime it doesn't matter I've watched it. I don't tend to enjoy shows with lots of character development nearly as much. I want a dead body at the beginning of the show and the killer in handcuffs at the end. If I learn one of the detectives is having trouble at home or trying to quit smoking or something that's great but I don't want much time spend on that.
4. Up until I was in my late 20s I had no food allergies though I had noticed that handing raw shrimp gave me a little bit of a rash on my hands and goat cheese made my mouth tingle a little bit. Then all of a sudden I can't eat either shrimp or goat cheese anymore which is really sad because I love them both. It doesn't seem quite fair that I can be allergic to things I really enjoy!
6. I'm super competitive. I have a hard time playing board games because I absolutely hate to lose. I also ended up coaching soccer for seven years because the previous coach drove me crazy with his lack of strategy. Despite not being able to actually play the sport my team consistently had a winning record and ended up in regional and divisional tournaments.
8. I have awful vision. Like -9 in one eye and -7.5 in the other. I very rarely take my contacts out because I'm completely helpless without them. I do have glasses but I have absolutely no peripheral vision so I end up with an enormous headache. Thankfully with a Kindle I can at least read without them if I put the font on the largest setting and hold it fairly close to my face. Before I couldn't get my face close enough to a book to actually read.
9. I have always been a mystery fan. The earliest books I remember getting from the library were Cam Jansen and Encyclopedia Brown followed by Nancy Drew. I have broadened my genres a little bit as an adult but mysteries are still my go to read.
10. I'm only a recent coffee addict. I drank pots of it in college but once I graduated I stopped because I was actually sleeping occasionally and didn't need it as much. However when the Tornado was born it became extremely evident that neither my husband or myself was as young as we used to be when it came to operating without sleep. Out of desperation I pulled out some instant coffee I usually used for baking and it saved the day. We've both been drinking coffee every morning ever since.
So there's 10 things about me! Tell me something about you!