Saturday, July 23, 2016
My Foodie TBR
It's not really a secret that two of my favorite activities are cooking and reading so when I find a book that combines the two it's automatically going to end up on my TBR. The problem is that there are a LOT of books that combine the two which has my shelves overloaded and books shoved into corners. To keep books I really want to read from getting lost in the piles I try and rummage through every once in awhile and pull out a few that I really want to read soon. This time I ended up with 4 nonfiction and 6 cozy mysteries. Some have been out ages and a few are new releases. Almost all of them feature recipes which makes me super happy!
2. American Pie: Slices of Life (and Pie) from America's Back Roads by Pascale Le Draoulec - Not only does this involve food and books but it also has a road trip! Plus lots of pie recipes. I know nothing about this one other than the title and blurb but I'm looking forward to it!
3. The Soul of a Chef: The Journey Toward Perfection by Michael Ruhlman - I've seen Ruhlman's name as a co-author on a number of cookbooks plus he's worked with Michael Symons who is one of my favorite chefs!
4. Consuming Passions: A Food-Obsessed Life by Michael Lee West - I remember absolutely nothing about this or why I got it which means I have had it for far too long without actually reading it!
6. Death by the Dozen (Cupcake Bakery Mystery #3) by Jenn McKinlay - Murder and cupcakes - what more could I want? Other than a cupcake to eat while I'm reading about cupcake bakers solving murders.
7. Irish Stewed (Ethnic Eats Mystery #1) by Kylie Logan - I'm so excited about this one! I love the idea of exploring different cuisines with a good dash of murder. I peeked at the recipe for Irish Stew in the back of this book and it sounds amazing!
8. Death al Dente (Food Lovers' Village Mystery #1) by Leslie Budewitz - Budewitz has a series set in a spice shop that is really calling my name but I was able to get my hands on this one first. This takes place in an old general store turned boutique market during a pasta festival!
9. Death Eat Street (Biscuit Bowl Food Truck Mystery #1) by J.J. Cook - Food trucks! I love food trucks and just the title of the series has me wanting biscuits.
10. Murder on the Rocks (Mack's Bar Mystery #1) by Allyson K. Abbott - So this one is more drink than food but there are plenty of times where a good cocktail is as neccesary as a good meal so I'm saying this one counts!
Any foodie books coming up for you?
I'm linkup up with Weekend Cooking hosted by Beth Fish Reads