The Broke and the Bookish is a Halloween freebie. My first thought was for ghost stories but I used that a couple of weeks ago. So today I'm doing My Top Ten Halloween movies (well 8 and 2 I want to watch this year)
2. Annabelle - Seriously why would anyone want the doll in the movie?? And why would you put it in a baby's room? Nothing good will come of it!
3. Amityville Horror - I think I've watched everything about this story - documentaries, the original movie, and the new movie. I think the new movie was actually pretty good. Ryan Reynolds did a good job of losing his mind and the special effects from the first movie were toned down a bit.
4. Young Frankenstein - And on a completely different note is this hilarious bit of craziness with Gene Wilder.
5. It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown - This is one of my absolute favorite movies and the Tornado loves it too. When he was 3 he used to just watch it on repeat but now at 5 he still enjoys it.
7. Paranormal Activity - This movie was sneaky. We watched it on the Tornado's first Halloween when he was too little to go trick or treating or anything but we still wanted to do something Halloween-y. I was enjoying it but wasn't scared and then suddenly I realized that you couldn't have paid me to go upstairs by myself!
8. The Ring - This was the first movie in awhile that scared me senseless! Seriously terrifying. This was one I had to watch through my fingers. I'm not sure why that helps but it does!
9. Sleepy Hollow - I'm hoping to watch the Johnny Depp version of this movie this week. Somehow I never saw it but I love the story so was excited to see that it's on Netflix.
10. The Birds - I've been wanting to watch this movie since I read and was terrified by Daphne du Maurier's novella by the same name. It was Hitchcock's inspiration for the movie. I never understood how birds could be scary until I read that book. Now I can't wait!
So what's your favorite Halloween movie?