2. I wish I could pause time to get more reading done - I have so many books I really want to read but my reading time gets squeezed in at night and I can't read nearly as much as I want to because I do need to get a little sleep. A pause button would be nice!
3. I wish I would never have a reading slump - After a bunch of mediocre reads I'm kind of in one right now and I just don't have time for it! Looking over my book list I'm just kind of meh about all of them and I need something to snap me out quick!
4. I wish I could tell immediately that a book wasn't going to work for me - I can't even count how many times I've been all excited or intrigued by a book and then come to find it just isn't for me. I wish instead of reading to page 50 (or sometimes to the bitter end) I could tell just by looking that I wasn't going to love it.
5. I wish every book with a great cover lived up to the cover - I love a good cover and it frequently increases my interest in a book but how often does a great cover end up containing a not so good book?
7. I wish I could immediately get comfortable when reading - I think by nature I'm fairly high strung and I don't idle well so even though I really love to read and really want to snuggle up and read I always have a hard time getting comfortable. If I can manage to sit down and not come up with other things to do then I have a problem getting comfortable. If I'm in a chair I don't know what to do with my legs or my feet go to sleep or I'm too cramped. If I'm in bed I'm too slouched or my necks at a funny angle or the pillow isn't just right or the blankets are perfect. For any of them I can be too thirsty, too itchy, too hot, too cold, too anything. I would love to just be able to sit and be all nice and cozy immediately every time.
8. I wish that my book budget was infinite - I started to wish that all books were free but I want to be sure authors get paid for them because I want them to keep writing so I'm going with an infinite budget! Especially with cookbooks. Seriously, I could spend a ridiculous amount of money just on cookbooks. I want them all
9. I wish I literally lived in a library - or at least next door to one where I can access it after hours - Because sometimes I just want to bookshop in my pajamas but don't feel quite right leaving the house in them
10. I wish that everyone who wants access to books had as many as they needed and someone to really talk books with - I know I was lucky in that I had (and still have) access to fantastic public libraries and could bring home just piles of books that interested me. Even better was that I have my Grandmother who is as big of a reader as me and was always willing to talk books. I started reading adult books when I was probably 10 or 11 (there wasn't nearly as much YA at the time or it doesn't seem like there was) and we read a lot of mysteries together. I think having someone to talk books with really intensifies the love of books.
So what bookish things would you wish for?