Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Ten Books With Ghosts That I Want to Read

Since today is October 1st it is well and truly spooky season and while I'm not the most seasonal of readers I would like to get some ghostly reads into list this month.  Here are 10 books with ghosts on my TBR.


1.  The Ghost and Mrs. Muir by R.A. Dick - I read this book decades ago and have been meaning to reread it for ages it.  It's not creepy but it does have a ghost.

2.  The Widow of Rose House by Dianne Biller - I adored another book by this author that I read and I've seen a number of great reviews of this one.

3.  Mrs. Morris and the Ghost by Traci Wilton - This series has been on my TBR since the first book came out and it looks so fun.

4.  The Last Heir to Blackwood Library by Hester Fox - It has a spooky cover and the word "library" in the title so I figure what's not to love.

5.  The Haunting of Maddy Clare by Simone St. James - I love Simone St. James and this one looks so wonderfully creepy.


6.  The House on Tradd Street by Karen White - This is a much cozier direction and it involves a historic house in Charleston, SC that's haunted.  I've been meaning to read this series for years.

7.  The Mirror by Nora Roberts - I loved the first book in this trilogy and am so excited about this book coming out later this year.

8.  The Children of Green Knowe by Lucy M. Boston - I haven't read this book or heard much about it but the premise sounds fascinating and it has been too long since I've read a middle grade classic.

9.   Bitter Sweet by Jenn Bennett - I have had this book sitting on my shelf for years and I don't remember much about it except it involves ghosts so now seems like the time to give it a try.

10. A Sheetcake Named Desire by Jacklyn Brady - Ghosts, cake, and a New Orleans setting.  How has this book been sitting on my shelf for so long??  

What ghostly books are on your TBR?

3 comments:

  1. Our library recently advertised the Ghost and Mrs. Muir as a Kindle loan availabe. I guess getting ready for Halloween. Remember the TV show starring Hope Lange?! I have a Karen White book on my to-read list but I have not read anything by her yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list of ghostly reads! I really loved The Widow of Rose House, and also The Haunting of Maddy Clare. And I'm going to have to look of The Last Heir of Blackwood Library because that sounds kind of awesome...at least from the title. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a good list. I used to watch the old TV show The Ghost & Mrs. Muir. I do like to seasonal read, but it never really works out that way for me.

    ReplyDelete