Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday - My 2021 Bookish Resolutions


Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is about My Bookish Resolutions for 2021.  I'm sticking with bookish resolutions because honestly I'm not making any personal resolutions this year.


1.  Read 156 Books - I read 172 in 2020 but it was a pretty good reading year so I'm lowering the bar a bit.

2.  Catch up or finish 10 series - There are so many books I'm only missing one or two books on and I hope to get those finished up this year.

3.  Read 20 books off my shelf - I own so many books and in 2020 books I bought books like it was my full time job so that didn't really help.  I'm hoping to read a ton more then 20 but I'm also trying to keep expectations reasonable.

4.  Read 5 Nonfiction Books - I love nonfiction but it's probably my most neglected genre.  I'm hoping to get at least a little in this year.

5.  Track the location of the fiction books I read - Last year my goal was to read books set in as many states as I could.  It was really fun but it did tend to dictate more what I was reading then I really wanted.  I do really love seeing where I "visit" through books so I do want to track even if I don't have a specific goal.


6.  End the year with less then 5 overdue review books that were published in 2021 - I have a tendency to go crazy on NetGalley and end up with way more books then I could possibly read.  I did better in 2020 but still ended the year with 8 2020 books that I have still not reviewed.  I'd like to get that down to less then 5 2021 review books at the end of the year.  

7.  Finish the Miss Marple books - I finished up the Poirot books in 2020 and read the first 2 Miss Marple books.  I'm planning to finish the Miss Marple books by the end of the year.

8.  Finish the Miss Silver books - The Miss Silver series by Patricia Wentworth has been a favorite series for years and years but somehow I've never read them all in order.  I started this in the last quarter of 2020 and want to finish in 2021.

9.  Read the books on my Classic Mystery list - I was loving classic mysteries in 2020 so I made a list and decided to continue diving into my definition of classic mysteries for 2021.

10.  Read 5 Books from the Backlog Books - Carole over at Carole's Random Life in Books has a fun meme every Thursday where we dust off a book that's been hiding on the back of our shelves and remind ourselves just why we need to read it.  My goal is to actually read some of the books I dust off!

What are your bookish resolutions for 2021?

14 comments:

  1. Those are some great goals, Katherine! Good luck with them and with your reading this year. And enjoy the Miss Marple books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 156 books... Good grief!! That's a lot! But you can do it! You have some nice guidelines to well, guide you.

    I love the idea of tracking your location of the books you've read. It will help me to find some locations for my reading challenge! LOL!!!

    Great list Katherine, hope you manage them all.

    Elza Reads and TTT presents ABBA 2021

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck on your goals!! my post>> https://blessedmommysc.blogspot.com/2021/01/top-ten-tuesday-bookish-resolutions-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should make a goal like your #2 to work on completing series I've started. I've thought about trying to compile a list of series I am in the middle of (or have started), but I'm afraid of what I'll find. LOL Good luck with all your goals this year, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve literally just set up a challenge for myself to track my books. I was already doing a US state one and thought why not the rest of the world! So far I’ve been to England! Good luck in your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great goals! I went through a period where I featured books on the Books from the Backlog post that I planned to start reading right away and it actually worked. Of course, I am behind again but I will take what I can get.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That seems like a very good list, doable yet challenging. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh series- that's a good one. I have so many series I'm into that I need to catch up on. And I've been saying it forever but I need to read some Christie's. Marple or Poirot- that's the question! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome goals!! Wishing you a great 2021 reading year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are great intentions for 2021. All the best with all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never do great with resolutions especially with the pandemic messing up my reading. I want to catchup/finish more series, read 300 books every year and get the TBR down but that is not possible right now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck! I love seeing goals as I don't think you can do the things you want without at least knowing what they are.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all great goals. I wish I could do the down to five overdue review books, but I think I have about 50. 😅

    ReplyDelete