Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Sugar Pine Trail - Contemporary Romance Review

Sugar Pine Trail (Haven Point) by RaeAnne Thayne (Amazon)

Rating: Very Good
Source: Publicist

Description:  Librarian Julia Winston is ready to ditch the quiet existence she's been living. She's made a list of new things to experience, but falling for Jamie Caine, her sexy military pilot neighbor, isn't one of them. Julia's looking to conquer life, not become the heartbreaker's latest conquest. But when two young brothers wind up in Julia's care for the holidays, she'll take any help she can get—even Jamie's.
Happy to step in, Jamie reveals a side of himself that's much harder to resist. Not only is he fantastic with kids, he provides the strength Julia needs to tackle her list. She knows their temporary family can't last beyond the holidays, but the closer she gets to Jamie, the more she wonders if things could be this merry and bright forever…

Genre: Romance - Contemporary

Why I Picked This Book:  RaeAnne Thayne writes my very favorite Christmas books so there was no way I could resist this one!  Especially not with that cover and a librarian as the main character.

My Impression:  RaeAnne Thayne's Christmas stories are usually the equivalent of a warm blanket, a cozy fire, and a nice steaming mug of hot chocolate.  Sugar Pine Trail did not let me down.  I loved Julia.  She's smart, she's interested, and she's feeling terribly alone this holiday season.  But she still doesn't want to get involved with her new lodger Jamie and doesn't really believe he'd be interested in anyway. 

Julia's been a side character for awhile and it was really good to see her have her own story.  She can be a little standoffish at times but I found it impossible not to like and sympathize with her.  My heart broke right along with hers as she begins to get involved with 2 boys who have taken refuge in the library. 

Jamie's a little easier to like but not quite as easy to connect to - especially at first.  He's a nice guy who at first glance has gotten through life on his looks and charm.  But there is more than meets the eye with him as well. 

I loved the family they created and I loved the growing bond between Julia and Jamie.  These are 4 characters that need it each other very much even if they don't always realize it and I found it impossible not to root for them. 

This was a wonderful heartwarming book with characters I loved which is really what I expect from an RaeAnne Thayne Christmas story and she has yet to let me down!  While this is part of a series you can jump in here without any problems as the story focuses almost entirely on Julia and Jamie.  There was a thread or two that didn't get quite as resolved as I would have liked but it in now way impacted my reading experience.  If you're looking for the perfect Christmas-y romance look no further!

Would I Read More of this Series/Author?  Absolutely!  I always look forward to a new RaeAnne Thayne book and she has a back list I'd really like to explore.

Would I Recommend this Book?  If you enjoy romance that is more about the emotional bond than hot and steamy Thayne is an author you should not miss. 

4 comments:

  1. This was my second book from her and I loved this one. Julia was a great character and I loved the Christmas parts. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this one too, and now I am on track liking her books after one let down early on that made me almost miss out on these books but yours and a few other reviews for her books made me take a second look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this series and especially loved this book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read this one. I love Thayne's novels. I am glad you enjoyed this one, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete