It's been a tough summer with lots of little inconveniences and not nearly enough reading time. I always say I would love to just spend a month (or a week or even a weekend) with a stack of books just reading through a pile of books. As summer starts to wind to a close (and we should see cooler temps in the next few months!) I'm thinking about actually doing it. I don't have time to do nothing but read which is my dream but I do have more time than I think. So, my goal is for the next month to plan my day around reading instead of planning reading around my day. To be most efficient I need to have a stack of books ready to go and here is my stack!
1. Rialto by Kate Milford - I think starting with a middle grade is a good idea and I love both the premise and cover. I've also had good luck with this author.
2. Murder at World's End by Ross Montgomery - I do love a locked room mystery and this looks like the most locked room of locked room mysteries.
3. The Lily of Ludgate Hall by Mimi Matthews - I've read the first two books in this series and really want to continue with it.
4. The Third to Die by Allison Brennan - This is an author on my Must Read list and this one sounds fantastic. I was thrilled when I saw it at a used bookstore.
5. Beg, Borrow, or Steal by Sarah Adams - I've really enjoyed the first two and want to continue with it.
6. The Love Haters by Katherine Center - This looks like the most perfect summer read and I really loved the other book I've read by this author.
7. Heaven and Earth by Nora Roberts - I reread the first book in this trilogy a couple of weeks ago and really want to continue with the trilogy.
8. The Secret to Southern Charm by Kristy Woodson Harvey - I loved the first book and it's been way to long since I've read it.
9. Along the Infinite Sea by Beatriz Williams - The previous book ended on a bit of a cliffhanger and I've really been curious about how the story resolves itself.
10. Blue Moon by Wendy Corsi Staub - Pretty much ditto above.
I'm surprised how many series I ended up on this list but I think it looks like some fun end of summer reading! What would you put on your reading list for an end of summer reading retreat?



I put all my short books in one stack, and I'm focusing on reading from it. Of course, there are always new books in from the library!
ReplyDeleteI like the way you think! I really enjoyed the Allison Brennan book and the Katherine Center book.
ReplyDeleteAnne - Books of My Heart
This is a splendid plan!
ReplyDeleteHope that works out. Great looking books too. Heaven and Earth - will have to look that up. I don't recall it at all. Anyway great mix of books to plan your day around.
ReplyDeleteI love the The Love Haters! I hope you enjoy reading all these.
ReplyDeleteGreat list. I always enjoy Allison Brennan's books. I think I read that one too.
ReplyDeleteA week to just read sounds like bliss! I hope you can find more time to read. I enjoyed MURDER AT WORLD'S END. It's unique and fun.
ReplyDeleteIm still looking for Mimi Matthews
ReplyDeleteI added Rialto to Goodreads. I also love the cover. I have had this author's Greenglass House books on my reading list forever. My blog reading theme for next year is Middle Grade, so I will probably get to at least on of her books in 2027. ☕︎
ReplyDelete