Today I'm looking at books I want to read in September - a new release and a backlist - and books I've read in Septembers past and what I thought of them.
New Release I'm Looking Forward To Getting:
A Time of Witches by Madeline Martin - I have really enjoyed everything I've read by this author and while this looks a little different it also looks really good.
Backlist Title I'm Looking Forward To Reading
Betty Ford: First Lady, Women's Advocate, Survivor, Trailblazer by Lisa McCubbin - I read a biography on First Ladies (From Jackie Kennedy to Michelle Obama) several years ago and was so interested by Betty Ford. She was one of the first "respectable" women to come forward and speak openly about struggles with mental health and addiction. As well, she just seems like an interesting woman who found herself in the middle of a major controversary very much against her will.
Books from Septembers Past:
The Woman in the Library by Sulari Gentill - This was a surprise hit for me. I think the audio version made it even more enjoyable.
An Inconvenient Wife by Karen E. Olson - This was a modern take on the Henry VIII story and very entertaining and cleverly done. I need to look for more books by this author as I really enjoyed this one.
Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris - I really enjoyed this one but I think this book convinced me that this author is just a bit too dark and gritty for me. It was really good but seriously creped me out.
What are some books you want to read this September or have enjoyed in past Septembers?






I would like to read the Madeline Martin book too and Betty Ford is someone who interests me as well. Some of these First Ladies were interesting and worth reading about.
ReplyDeleteI just saw a high rated review for A Time of Witches and put it on my own wish list.
ReplyDeleteSeptember usually sees me heading more into the spooky realm, but we'll see what this year will be like.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed A Time of Witches.
ReplyDeleteI haven't read any of these. Great list.
ReplyDelete