Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Top Ten Tuesday - Books I Was Reading on This Date Over the Last Ten Years


Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is Books I Was Reading on This Date Over the Last Ten Years.  This was a fun look at past reads!


1.  All the Stars in Heaven by Adriana Trigiani (2025) - I have such mixed feelings about this book even now 1 year later.  I really enjoyed the story telling aspect but it was based on real people and it tells the story of a relationship between Loretta Young and Clarke Gable as a great love story when Young later made comments that the relationship was not entirely consensual.  That made me a bit uncomfortable, and I also didn't like how it trivialized the relationship between Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy.  If this had been fully fictional I think I would have enjoyed it but since it was based on real people it impacted my enjoyment.

2. The Rose Arbor by Rhys Bowen (2024) - I really loved this stand alone from Bowen.  It was a bit of mystery and a lot of historical fiction.  This is a good reminder to read more of her stand alone books.

3.  Lightning in a Mirror by Jayne Ann Krentz (2023) - This is a candy bar book - a lot of fun but no staying power.  Perfect for a reading slump or a bit of a distraction.  

4.  Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency by Scott Adams (2022) - This was a weird read which I fully expected.  I love Adams' humor and while this was probably a bit too off the wall for me it was still fun.

5.  Mastering the Art of French Eating by Ann Mah (2021) - I really enjoyed this one and loved the author's writing style.  I need to read more from her.


6.  The Falcon Always Wings Twice by Donna Andrews (2020) - This is one of my favorite cozy series and the titles always make me laugh.  This was no different.

7.  Death in Kew Gardens by Jennifer Ashley (2019) - I really enjoy this series - especially these early books.  I've missed the last book or two but need to catch up.

8.  Fade to Black by Heather Graham (2018) - I don't remember anything about this one but that's not a big surprise.  This is another candy bar type book - lots of fun to read but not something that really sticks with me.

9.  The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin (2017) - This was one of my favorite books as a kid and I really enjoyed the reread.  I should probably reread it at some point.

10. Whispers in the Mist by Lisa Alber (2016) - I don't remember anything about this one but I only gave it 3 stars so I'm thinking I liked it enough to finish it but not enough to ever read the author again.

2 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed reading this most interesting 'Top Ten' on blogs this week. Very nice! The only one of yours that I've read is The Westing Game - more than once. I have read other books by some of the authors, but not the ones you listed. Lots of fun to hear about them though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun look at these past reads. I should have put the reasons why I liked the books on my TTT list, but I didn't. Too lazy, I guess. ;D

    ReplyDelete