Saturday, November 4, 2023

Reading Recap - October 2023

 


Monthly Breakdown

Monthly Total: 18

Print: 5
Ebook: 6
Audio: 7

Mystery:  15  
Fiction:  2
Nonfiction: 1 

My Favorite Books of the Month:



Favorite Audio:
South of the Buttonwood Tree by Heather Webber - This is the 2nd book by this author that I've read and I've really loved them both.  


Favorite Read:  
Mistletoe and Murder by Connie Berry - This was one of those reads that was just the right book at the right time.  I loved the characters, the mystery, and the setting and it was just a joy to read.

Least Favorite Read:
The Turn of the Screw by Henry James - I'm glad I read this one but Henry James' writing style and I are definitely not friends.


My Bookish Travel for October:


Domestic (Armchair) Travel:

I visited Idaho and my home state of Alabama for the first time this month.  I also went to Massachusetts, Washington, Connecticut, Virginia, New Hampshire, Texas, Ohio, Arizona, and North Carolina.

International (Armchair) Travel:

As always I visited England a few times but I also went to Italy, St. Kitts, and France 

Where did your reading take you this month?  What was your favorite read of the month?

10 comments:

  1. You did very well!

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to go to St. Kitts, armchair or not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great October.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a great month! I like some of Henry James novels, but The Turn of the Screw is not one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m constantly traveling the world from my chair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have South of the Buttonwood Tree on my TBR list! Glad to know you liked it. And I do love Henry James...but I do not like Turn of the Screw. His other books are better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you certainly travelled around in your read this month. Happy to see the Heather Webber got top audio billing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mistletoe and Murder looks fun. And ooh st Kitts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad you had a good reading month. South of the Buttonwood Tree sounds really good. And I bet I'd love Mistletoe and Murder too! I haven't read Turn of the Screw in years. It's stayed with me. Definitely not a favorite of mine either. Haha. I hope you have a great reading month in November!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I added South of the Buttonwood Tree to my Goodreads. ☺

    ReplyDelete