Sunday, June 18, 2023

This Week in Reading - June 18


 It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:


Let It Crow! Let It Crow! Let It Crow! by Donna Andrews - I love seeing what bird pun this series comes up with next for the title and I'm so looking forward to reading it!  (Publisher)

Now You See It by Carol J Perry - This is a favorite series that I was kind of thinking might have ended so I was so excited to see this book coming out this summer.  (Publisher)

Deadly to the Core by Joyce Tremel - I've been wanting to try something by this author and this mystery involving a woman who has inherited her uncle's orchard sounds fun. (Publisher)

Death at a Scottish Wedding by Lucy Connelly - I enjoyed the first book in this series earlier this year and am so excited to pick up the next book.  (Publisher)

Brought to Book by Anthea Fraser - I picked this book up on a whim.  I feel like I've read a book or two by this author before and this one looks intriguing.  (Publisher)

Death by Demo by Callie Carpenter - I can never resist a cozy mystery involving home remodeling - especially when it involves a body being found behind a wall.  (Publisher)

Currently:


Reading:  Trouble on the Books by Essie Lang and Summer's Gift by Jennifer Ryan

Listening:  Local Woman Missing by Mary Kubica

It has been a busy few weeks and Sunday Posts kind of got dropped!  Things have been pretty good with dog stuff and swimming and just usual business.

3 years ago today Will was diagnosed with Leukemia.  Watching him spend 4 hours in the pool yesterday swimming nonstop was just amazing.  He has come so far - especially in the last few months since chemo ended.  He's building his strength and endurance and we are learning how to have fun and do active stuff again and it's amazing!  He got good marks at his last check up and has grown 2 inches in the last 3 months.  

Have a great week and happy reading!

11 comments:

  1. So glad to hear Will is doing well.

    I don't know that I'd seen the cover for the Donna Andrews book yet. Got my copy pre-ordered already, cover or not. :) But it's another great cover. Now I'm wondering if I've seen the cover for the August release in the series yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear such wonderful news about Will. He's having a good time with the swimming and in this heat, wish I could join in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so excellent. Thank you for sharing your journey with us too over the last few years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear your son is doing so well now! And I think I have to check out Let It Crow just for the title and cover alone. Have a good week. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing how well Will is doing and I am thankful. How excellent for him to do just normal and everyday things.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great news about Will! So happy for him, you and the rest of the family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy Will is thriving now! ❤🤗😍🎉😊🙌🙌🙌

    Have a wonderful new week! ☀

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hearing the great news about how Will is thriving makes my heart full. So happy for him (and you).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm happy Will is doing well. Those books all look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I spotted a few of those cozy mysteries on NetGalley and am tempted. I'm very happy to hear that Will is doing so well, and glad that he's enjoying his summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so delighted that Will is healthy and happy and doing well! It just makes my heart sing to hear that. It was a tough journey for all of you, and I'm so thankful that things look smoother for the road ahead.

    ReplyDelete