Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Books On My TBR That Take Place On The Beach

 

It'll probably be awhile before we head to the beach and really the last time I was at the beach was January of 2020 so it wasn't exactly swimming weather so I'm not sure that really counts.  So if I can't go to the beach the next best thing is to read books that are set on the beach!


1. A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams - This is a bit of a vintage beach trip but how can I resist that cover?

2.  Three Sisters by Susan Mallery - I'm not a huge fan of Mallery's romances but I love her more women's fiction and this one looks good and beachy.

3.  Lowcountry Boil by Susan M. Boyer - I love this cozy mystery series though I've never read the first book somehow.  Love the South Carolina beach feel.

4.  Summer at Shell Cottage by Lucy Diamond - The beach I'll be visiting here is over in England and will probably be far too cold for my very wimpy self to even think about getting in the water but it sounds absolutely lovely!

5.   Sea Swept by Nora Roberts - I read this trilogy soon after it came out and while I remember a lot of things about beaches and sailboats I remember very little else so I thought it might be fun to pick up.


6.  A Caribbean Mystery by Agatha Christie - This is a reread for me but I'm rereading all the Miss Marple books this year and this is one I'm especially looking forward to picking up.  I mean it's Miss Marple solving a murder on a Caribbean island.  Who can resist that?

7.  Death by the Sea by Kathleen Bridges - Murder in a beachfront hotel!  

8.  Well Read, Then Dead by Terrie Farley Moran - This series takes place in a book town and a café that is also a bookstore!

9.  By Book or By Crook by Eva Gates - A library that just happens to be in a lighthouse on the Outer Banks.  A nice little beachy vacation!

10. The Sea King's Daughter by Barbara Michaels - This one takes place on a beach in Greece with lots of archeological digs and diving and swimming and sun.  It's also pretty creepy and there's quite a lot of peril with some Gothic undertones.

What kind of vacations do you like to take through books?

9 comments:

  1. I have a thing about reading beach themed books in the summer. Hope you are able to enjoy the beach this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these but I do love a good beachy book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the Miss Marple one and I think I saw it on PBS. I have the Eva Gates book checked out from the library now.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love beach reading too. I love the covers, the stories...everything about them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices. I love that Seaswept series by Nora Roberts. I have Lowcountry boil waiting for me in my Library at Audible, bought it while it was on sale. I love Susan Mallery's women's fiction too, not so much the romance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you can't be on an actual beach, a book is a good substitute. :-) This sounds like a great reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been to the beach in forever! These covers make me want to hop in the car and head to California :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I vacation through books I like to go to the mountains or to Ireand or Wales. Lately many of my books have taken me to England.

    ReplyDelete