Sunday, November 1, 2020

Life with Leukemia (and Some Reading) - November 1

 

It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

Normally I write this post sometime Saturday afternoon.  So last week when I said everything was going good it was.  And then a few hours later just as we were getting ready to head to dinner Will ran through the apartment in socks and sock and cement floors just don't mix.  He took quite the fall and it was so fast I'm not exactly sure what happened but the injury was in his mouth.  Mouth injuries are dramatic but it ended up being nothing more then a badly split lip.  We ended up being sent to the emergency room for the children's hospital here in Memphis just to be sure.  I was terrified about potential exposures to pretty much all the things but the children's hospital (Le Bonheur) was absolutely amazing.  St Jude had called ahead to let them know he was one of theirs but they went above and beyond to keep us completely isolated and safe.  I was seriously impressed.  They decided against stiches because of the location but they did put him on an antibiotic because he's so much more susceptible to infection.  So a lot of drama that thankfully came to nothing.  He's healing up remarkably well and his lip is only the slightest bit puffy.  

I'm dreading next week as it's the med combo he had such problems with a few weeks ago.  His team is going to try a few things to help decrease skin sensitivity but some of the other side effects just really can't be countered so it's going to be a tough week I think.  For Halloween we are staying in and relaxing, playing some video games and snacking.  

Currently:


Reading
:
Broadcast 4 Murder by J.C. Eaton, Murder She Wrote: You Bet Your Life by Donald Bain, and The Eagle Soars by Margaret Coel

Listening:  Finishing up To Helvetica and Back by Paige Shelton though I'm almost done.

Watching:  I'm still enjoying the true crime show called The Con and we've been watching The Great British Bake Off and really enjoying it.  

Happy Halloween, have a great week and happy reading!

18 comments:

  1. Oh that would be scary, poor guy. Glad he's okay though. and that's so awesome that the hospital did such a good job! And good luck with the tough med combo too- saying a prayer that he does well with a minimum of side effects.

    Be well and hope you had a nice Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great you have some caring hospital staff during such a trying time. Think of you often. Crime and mystery keeping you going! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must have given you all such a dreadful fright. I'm glad it turned out ok. Just what you didn't need right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you will be so glad to see the back of 2020. Poor Will! Wish you could fast forward to next year when this could be behind you.

    My reading slump is, I hope, over. I read 4 books last month and started noting them in my planner as I haven't used my Wordpress blog since August.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope Will's treatment this week will not have as many side effects and issues as it did the last time. And glad that the children's hospital was so careful with him. Thinking about you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Will didn’t really hurt himself. Sending hugs for the week to come.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will sure is having a rough time, poor kid! I pray everything goes better this time around than it did the last time!

    Hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad that you got such good care between the two facilities and that you only had a relatively minor injury. Hope he's healing fine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, so grateful that the injury was not as bad as you had feared. But what a scare! Hang in there and stay safe.

    Enjoy your books and your shows.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! I hope Will is doing well. Take care and have a good week! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad it ended up not being as bad as it first looked. Facial injuries are always so very painful and bleed such a lot! All the very best for the coming week - I hope it is easier than last time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad Will is okay after his fall! What a scare that must have been for all of you! It sounds like the hospital was great about it all. I hope things go well with treatment this week. I'll be keeping him in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ouch, I hope he is ok, what a fright you all must have got. I hope all goes well with his next round of treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad it wasn't anything bad! Hope his round with the meds goes well! Always praying for him! Hope you are enjoying Broadcast 4 Murder, I really need to get to that one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, what a scary experience... glad to hear they did so much to keep you safe and isolated. Hope Will tolerates the med combo better this time. I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't believe I missed this post. Thank goodness I can keep up with things on the
    Facebook group. (((((((HUGS))))))) 💜

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, ouchie! And what a wonderful hospital. Glad he was well taken care of and it's just that injury.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's always so comforting to know that despite being overworked and often inundated, our first responders go above and beyond to give their patients top rate treatment. Glad that Wonderful Will healed up from that quickly. I just finished watching the holiday British Bakeoff and Holiday Sugar Rush, both fun to watch. I watched a movie called Last Christmas that was released in 2019. It was so funny to watch, but close to the end I was blubbering like a baby(lol) The ending was a powerful reminder about kindness that I loved. Be well, and stay safe. Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete