Friday, July 24, 2020

Friday Five - Five Books for Armchair Traveling

I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  Michelle over at Because Reading is Better Than Real Life   used to do a Five on Fridays that I always enjoyed and I've seen a few other variations on the theme.  As well I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd give start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much. I'm also going to start linking up with Kathryn over at Book Date for her Connect Five.  Today I'm looking at 5 Books to Take Me Armchair Traveling.  Since I won't be going anywhere anytime soon I figure a vicarious trip would be pretty amazing.


1.  An Early Wake by Sheila Connolly - A trip to County Cork would be lovely - especially since it may not be a billion degrees there.



2.  Off Kilter by Hannah Reed - And after my trip to Ireland might as well head on up to the Scottish Highlands with this cozy mystery.



3.  The Shadow Sister by Lucinda Riley - After I get my fill of the Highlands I'll head down to England's Lake District for some time in the land of Beatrix Potter


4. The French House:  An American Family, a Ruined Maison, and the Village that Restored Them All by Don Wallace - After the Lake District it might be fun to head to France to help with some historic home renovation


5.  The Land Where Lemons Grow by Helena Atlee - And after some renovation in France I think heading south to the lemon plantations in Sicily with a stop off at Lake Garda's lemon houses.  I don't know really what to expect but lemons and Italy sound amazing.

What does your bookish trip look like?

7 comments:

  1. Oh now these five books would make fantastic visits to each of these countries. I just finished The Sun Sister and really I loved it, hated finishing it really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely selection of reads and I wish I could find the French House!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Armchair travel is the best I can hope for in the next couple of years! When my dad finally gets the knee operation, we plan a trip to London when he recovers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the most fun thing about reading is armchair traveling. I've explored all kinds of interesting places - even if it's only in my imagination :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think some or other travel agent should get really clever and creative and plan a Seven Sisters tour. I would love to go to all the places the sisters originate from. And then of course a couple of days in their "castle".

    Great post Katherine, have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to continue the series of the first and third books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to travel to Ireland and the Scottish Highlands. 💚💚💚

    ReplyDelete