Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Books I'm Thinking About Buying

We made a temporary and unexpected move back about a month ago due to my son's health issues.  I brought 5 books with me (plus my kindle and my phone which has about a zillion audiobooks) not sure how much reading I'd be able to do.  Well I'm halfway through the last book which begs the question - what next?  While I'm not hurting for things to read sometimes I just want a paper book!  And because life is pretty chaotic right now I'm feeling really picky on just what kind of books I want to read.  As well I have a room full of books at home so it can't be books I already own.  Here are 10 books I'm thinking about picking up to hold me over until we are home.


1.  The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald - This has been on my TBR since it came out and it looks fantastic and bookish.

2.  Of Literature and Lattes by Katherine Reay - Her book that came out last year was one of my favorite reads of 2019 so this just seems like a must read.

3.  The Nightingale Before Christmas by Donna Andrews - I love this cozy mystery series and this looks like a fun one and I love the punnish Christmas title.

4.  Murder on Black Swan Lane by Andrea Penrose - This was recommended by Stormi and I've had a great luck with historical mysteries and this looked good.

5.  The Duchess Deal by Tessa Dare - Another one recommended by Stormi.  I've enjoyed the previous books I've read by Dare so I figured this sounded fun.


6.  The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris by Jenny Colgan - I got a recommendation from Erin for Jenny Colgan which reminded me how much I enjoy her books.  I haven't read this one but it sounds delightful.

7.  A Stranger in the House by Shari Lapena - Greg recommended this author and her books sounded really good.  This one appealed to me the most.

8.  Cut and Run by Mary Burton - Anne recommended a thriller like from Mary Burton as I thought this sounded like a fun read.
 
9.  Caravan by Dorothy Gilman - I've reread a couple of Mrs. Pollifax books in the last few months and liked them and this non-Mrs. Pollifax sounds really fun.

10. Aunt Dimity's Death by Nancy Atherton - This cozy mystery series has been around forever but somehow I've never read it.  So I thought the first one might be fun to pick up.

Have you read any of these?  Any recommendations for fast paced pull you escapist kinds of reads?

11 comments:

  1. I love the Aunt Dimity series and the first book is a good one. Not exactly a cozy mystery, but more a treasure hunt-ish thing. Anyway, hope you'll enjoy it if you decide to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't read any of the kindle or computer books(lol), and need to have that paper novel in my hands. Unfortunately with the library being closed, there's no browsing, and I have to wait to get the books I've ordered. So I went back into the TBR pile and found a few goodies. The Loveliest Chocolate Shop sounds pretty interesting, and I really like that cover. Sending hugs your way. RO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices! I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever you get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some fun reading ahead! I liked but didn't love The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris sk hope you like it more than me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice list here. I hope you enjoy them and that the health issues are sorted out soon. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Readers of Broken Wheel is great on audio.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of these, but several of them are on my TBR list. I hope you can find something comforting and distracting to read right now. The real world can be such a tough place to be sometimes :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Readers is the only one I’ve read, but I know Colgan is usually entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have my eyes on a few but I'm determined to make a dent in my TBR before I let myself get them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't read these I believe but what fun to hunt around in bookstores.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've read quite a few books recommended by Greg. He's good at knowing what people will like. 👍✨

    ReplyDelete