Thursday, March 12, 2020

Books from the Backlog - If You've Got It, Haunt It


Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!


Goodreads:  If You've Got It, Haunt It (Haunted Vintage #1) by Rose Pressey

Blurb:  Cookie Chanel has a passion for fashion--and a murder mystery to solve!

Cookie Chanel has opened her own vintage clothing boutique, It's Vintage, Y'All, in the charming town of Sugar Creek, Georgia. Always on the lookout for stylish second-hand steals, she attends the estate sale of deceased socialite Charlotte Meadows. But she gets a lot more than she bargained for when Charlotte's ghost appears before her--offering fashion advice and begging Cookie to find out who murdered her.

As the persistent poltergeist tags along and a possibly psychic pussycat moves into the shop, Cookie sorts through racks of suspects to see who may be hiding some skeletons in the closet. Do a clothing store owner and a disembodied socialite have a ghost of a chance of collaring a killer--or will Cookie's life be the next one hanging by a thread?

Why It Needs to Come Off the Shelf:  I've had a review copy of this since before it came out (which was Dec of 2014) and it has so many of my favorite things - ghosts, vintage clothes, and estate sales.  No idea why I haven't read it but it looks like something I'd love and that's what I'm looking for this year!

6 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it. It does sound like the kind of book you'd enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The name of the character is adorable, and I adore the old school fashion on the cover. Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I'm not the inly one who has ARCs from 2014. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one looks like huge fun, Katherine...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a lot of fun! I think that I have seen this one around a few times. I do hope you enjoy it, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very apt title for books from the backlog don't you think!

    ReplyDelete