The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is Top Ten Books to Read if You Like a particular book or author. For mine I've chosen ghost stories because I couldn't come up with a specific book or author and with Halloween right around the corner my mind has turned to things that go bump in the night in a not so creepy way.
2. Ammie, Come Home by Barbara Michaels - This one is considerably more creeptastic than the previous entry but in an indulgent way. There's history, romance and detective work all rolled into one in this book about a Georgetown home haunted by a young woman, her Revolutionary War soldier fiance, and her loyalist father. I really could have made a top ten list just of Barbara Michaels books.
3. House on Blackberry Hill by Donna Alward - When Abby Foster inherits a crumbling family estate she uncovers family tragedy and a host of family secrets. With the help of a ghostly inhabitant she begins to unravel the secrets as she restores the house.
5. Dream Lake by Lisa Kleypas - This is probably my favorite contemporary from Lisa Kleypas and the ghost story element is both comical and poignant. Read the first 2 books in the series to really enjoy this one but skip the 4th.
6. Night of the Living Deed by E.J. Copperman - The ghosts in this book (and the rest of the series) are permanent fixtures and are actually pretty helpful when they're not being annoying.
8. A Veiled Deception by Annette Blair - A cozy mystery series with a dash of romance, tons of vintage clothes, and ghosts are pretty hard to pass up!
9. If Walls Could Talk by Juliet Blackwell - Another ghostly paranormal series and this one is one of my favorites. It's hard to renovate a house if you keep running into ghosts who want you to solve their problems but somehow Melanie Turner makes it work!
10. Better Homes and Hauntings by Molly Harper - So I've heard that this isn't the best Molly Harper but I thoroughly enjoyed it and can't remember why I haven't picked up anything else by her! This is light and fluffy with a house that needs to be restored and a good crop of ghosts and Declan who I was mostly in love with by the end of the book.
Do you have any ghostly reads coming up this October?