The Broke and the Bookish is Top Ten Inspiring Book Quotes. Of all the topics I've come across in the time I've been doing this meme this is by far the most challenging. I'm not a huge quote person when I'm reading and tend to not remember actual lines from the book. So after some thinking and pulling out favorite books this is what I came up with:
2. "The impossible could not have happened therefore the impossible but be possible in spite appearances." Hercule Poirot from Murrder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie - In one sentence this sums up the beauty of Agatha's books!
3. "Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to believe. It's splendid to think there are so many of them in the world" Anne from Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
4. "Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it" Sara Stanley in The Story Girl by L.M. Montgomery - this is one of my favorite Montgomery books and one of my absolute favorite quotes.
5. "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to Die" Princess Bride by William Goldman - okay so I'm really getting this from the movie but I can't think of anything I've ever quoted more!
7. "Christmas won't be Christmas without any presents." Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. I've said this for various reason for years and really didn't actually know this came from Little Women!
8. "There are few people who I love and still fewer of whom I think well." Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
9. "Some things in life you can't control. You can make it a party or a tragedy." Vision in White by Nora Roberts
10. "I can think of no greater bliss than to lie about, reading novels all day." Ten Things I Love About You by Julia Quinn - Neither can I, neither can I!
What are your favorite quotes? Do you look for quotes while reading?