Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Books on my Spring TBR

It's time for Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic is the top ten books books on my spring TBR.  There are so many books that I want to read right now that it's hard to just come up with 10.  I have old review books, upcoming review books and TBR books and of course I want to read each and every one!

Upcoming Review Books:

1.  French Coast by Anita Hughes (pub. 4/7/15) - The cover is just so pretty!  I love the idea of the French Rivera with a dash of fashion and drama.

2.  Still the One by Jill Shalvis (pub. 4/7/15) - I'm still mourning the end of the Lucky Harbor series but I'm looking forward to trying this one from her newest series.  I have high hopes!

3.  Be Afraid by Mary Burton (pub 4/28/15) - I think because I spent all December reading romances and the last couple of months knee deep in cozies I've been craving romantic suspense - heavy on the suspense.  This look like it shout fit the bill!

4.  Body in the Birches by Katherine Hall Page (pub 5/12/15) - I discovered Katherine Hall Page's Body in the series when I was in college and inhaled all that I could find.  I'm looking forward to a revisit with Faith Fairchild and seeing what dead body she's stumbling over now.  She has a serious case of Angela Lansbury-itis but they're fun to read!

Old Review Books:

1. Finding Hope by Stacy Finz (pub. 1/6/15) - I really enjoyed the previous book in the series and was excited to see the character that this book centered around.  

2. Murder at the Book Group by Maggie King (12/30/14) - I've seen some mixed reviews for this one but I'm hoping I enjoy it.  I love cozies that center around bookish things so this one is hard to resist!

3. His Kiss by Jill Shalvis (8/28/14) - I was so excited to get approved for the last trilogy in Shalvis's Lucky Harbor series but I still haven't even started it!  I think I'm stalling because this is not a series I want to end!

Off my TBR Pile:


1.  Read it and Weep by Jenn McKinlay - I love her library series and have gobbled up the first 3 but got distracted and haven't picked up this one yet. 

2. Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts - After reading Shadow Spell last week I'm anxious to get back to Nora Roberts.  I've had this one sitting on my shelf since it first came out and am excited to get to it.  The blurb sounds amazing!

3. Kitchen Counter Cooking School by Kathleen Flinn - I actually bought this one new because the recommendations were so glowing.  That was at least 2 years ago.  It's still unopened!


So those are the 10 I'm hoping to read this spring!  What's on your wishlist? 

13 comments:

  1. Ahhh the Shalvis one was good. I've really loved the Animal Magnetism ones. I can't believe it's the 6th one in that series already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Read it and weep", love that title, lol ! One day I'll really have to read Jill Shalvis...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That FRENCH COAST cover is so pretty. Very spring/summer like. I have not read Jenn McKinlay's library series, but I have read her cupcake shop series. I don't pick up too many cozies anymore, but I've enjoyed that one. Lovely descriptions of the cupcake flavors. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. That French Coast cover is gorgeous... I'd want to pick the book up for that alone! I've been curious about Murder at the Book Group and have heard great things about The Kitchen Counter Cooking School. I need to make my list now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two Jill Shalvis books. I actually haven't read any of her books yet. I hope you'll enjoy these soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, books about book clubs and libraries and food...yay! Thanks for an interesting list that I intend to check out further.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read Still the One by Shalvis and I really liked it! Also, I loved It's in His Kiss, too!!! I still have a few Lucky Harbor books to read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you divided these into new and older review books and TBR list books! I'm in the same boat re the Jenn McKinlay book; I got distracted and never got around to it. I'd like to try Jill Shalvis, but can't see where I'll find the time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still playing catch up with my winter reading. It's hard to think about a book list for spring. I really want to read more by Shalvis one of these days. Be Afraid does sound like it will be good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some great picks a lot I haven't heard of that I will be checking out.

    My TTT http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/top-ten-books-on-my-spring-tbr-list.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the look of French Coast. I wish summer would get here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Body in the series looks interesting! And Murder in the Book Group. I'm like you - murders that centre around bookish things? Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "She has a serious case of Angela Lansbury-itis" - I love it and so true. :D :D I'm looking forward to that one too. Whiskey Beach is on my wish list and the Stacy Finz books look good too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete