2. Storage Space - My love affair with my Kindle has helped a little but I still have no idea where to put the incoming books. My bookcases are like a giant game of tetris where I try to cram them into every nook and cranny. My husband has decreed that's not to happen to the bookcases downstairs but we'll see.
3. I wish I could read faster- I read really fast but I really need to be able to read faster. In Criminal Minds there's a character who can read as fast as he turns pages and I have serious reading envy. I make much more progress on my TBR pile if I could do that!
4. So many books - I think I add at least a couple of books on my TBR a day. Between new releases, books my blogger friends bring to my attention, GoodReads recommendations and a whole host of other possibilities I'm always seeing more books I want to read.
5. People trying to talk to me when I'm reading - Why do people think it's acceptable to sit down and start talking when someone's sitting with a book? It makes me feel stabby.
6. A total lack of comprehension when people say "I don't
read." or even "I hate reading" - Every once in awhile I run into people who say the above two things. You might as well say that you've decided to grow a 2nd head for fun. I do not understand. There's been periods in my life where reading definitely took a little break and I wasn't able to read much and I love TV just as much (if not more) than the next person. But seriously you don't read? Not I don't read as much as I'd like but just not at all? Do not understand.
7. Christmas lists = Giant lists of books
8. Total lockup in bookstores - I have a hard time buying anything in bookstores because I completely lockup. It's a combination of wanting everything and knowing I already have so many and my cheap side not wanting to spend the endless amount of money I really want to spend. I'm okay in used bookstores but in new bookstores I fluctuate between "I want everything!" and "I don't need everything." I can barely even have a conversation!
9. Decorating = finding new places to put bookcases - I've been thinking what we're going to turn the older kids' rooms into when they move out and at least 2 involve wall to wall bookcases. And have you seen all those beautifully styled bookcases on Pinterest that don't have more than 5 books on them? How do you even do that?
10. The occasional awareness that I'll never read all the books on my TBR. I try not to think about this too much and for the most part live in total denial. Of course everything will get read!
So what are your bookish problems?