2. Do you have a hidden talent? If so what? - I'm a fantastic whistler. I can whistle for a ridiculously long time and just about any tune. On an actual useful not I can read pretty fast and I have a good memory for details.
3. What is your biggest blog-related pet peeve? - Not too many on the book side but there's a few food related blogs that I've unfollowed recently because they just read like advertisements. I don't mind sponsored posts especially if there's some original content but I don't enjoy reading blurb for an olive oil company or whatever day after day.
4. What is your biggest non-blog related pet peeve? - People who don't put their carts up at the grocery store or Target or wherever. I get out of proportionally angry when I see a cart out in the middle of the parking lot.
5. What's your favorite song? - I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm not a huge music lover and don't really have any serious favorite song. Mostly when I'm in the car I listen to audiobooks or if the Tornado's with me we listen to a Pop station. Much to Emma's horror I knew all the words to Bang Bang by Jessie J but that's about it.
6. What's your favorite Etsy shop? I'm not a huge Etsy shopper but I'm fascinated by the candles at Frostbeard. I've seen some great reviews of them and am trying to work up the courage to order candles un-smelled!
7. What's your favorite way to spend your free time when you're alone? I'm not sure you're ready to hear about my idea of a perfect evening on my own! A dinner of butternut squash ravioli with a balsamic reduction drizzled over it followed by an evening with my feet up, the Tivo remote, a stack of cookbooks and a pack of Post-It Tabs. That is my version of heaven.
8. What's your favorite junk food? So many things. I love cheeseburgers and pretty much all sweets and baked goods. I have a massive sweet tooth and I do not share dessert!
9. Do you have pets? Yes! 1 dog and 2 cats. The dog is Spots and the cats are Riley and Spooky.
10. What are your favorite Fiction and Non-Fiction books? Fiction book favorites are Elizabeth Enright's books as well as most of L.M. Montgomery and Agatha Christie's books. I find myself rereading The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn and Diamond in the Sun by Nora Roberts as well. Non-Fiction is probably The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom. It's an amazing book even though it can be difficult to read.
11. What's your favorite beauty product? Mascara. I don't leave the house without it.
12. When were you last embarrassed? I don't really remember. I don't embarrass very easily. Maybe last year when I was dropping Paul off at school and I misjudged how much the traffic was moving and ended up blocking the cross walk and then the traffic cop fussed at me.
13. If you could drink one beverage for the rest of your life, what would it be? Diet Coke. Not the healthiest but I love that stuff.
14. What's your favorite movie? While I love TV I'm not a huge movie watcher. Grosse Pointe Blank with John Cusak has always been one of my favorites and I've never met a romantic comedy I didn't enjoy.
15. What were you in high school? Prom Queen, nerd, cheerleader, jock, valedictorian, band geek, loner, artist, etc? Popular crowd I guess but I kind of wish I wasn't because I think I spent way too much time and energy worrying about it instead of just being me.
16. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live? While I really want to travel more I'm actually pretty happy where I am. Farther north and we'd have colder temperatures that I don't deal well with. We've talked about buying some land a little farther north of us in some rolling hills but that'd be more of a vacation home than a change of residence. Now travel-wise I want to go just about everywhere! All over the US, Prince Edward Island in Canada, England, Ireland, Scotland, France, Spain, Portugal, Australia, New Zealand and bunches of other places.
17. PC or Mac? PC. I love my iPhone but I'm good with my PC.
18. Last romantic gesture from a crush/date/boyfriend/girlfriend/? For Christmas J bought me tickets to The Sing Off tour which is the tour based off an a Capella competition show that I love and he well... doesn't. Not only did is he willing ot go but he bought them completely on his own with no suggestion from me. It's in March and I'm so excited!
19. Favorite celebrity? I love Mindy Kaling (her book is great) and John Cusak but there's not really any celebrity that's a must watch. Now if we're talking authors I have plenty of auto-buys!
20. Which blogger do you secretly want to be best friends with? Everyone? No? That answers cheating? Okay well - Lark from Bookwyrm's Hoard, Anna from Herding Cats Burning Soup, Kimberly over at the The Caffeinated Book Reviewer, Bea from Bea's Book Nook. And these who I'm also tagging:
1. Brittany from This is the Story of My (reading) Life
2. JoAnn from Lakeside Musing
3. Trish from Between My Lines
As well as tons of others.