Sunday, September 1, 2013

August Reading Wrap Up

I got all 15 books read this month.  I finished #15 - Rainbow Valley at 9:30 on the 31st so just under the deadline.  According to Goodreads.com I'm still running behind of my goal but I've definitely made up some ground.  So the books I read were:

1.  Anne of the Island
2.  Anne of Windy Poplars
3.  Anne's House of Dreams
4.  Anne of Ingleside
5.   Rainbow Valley
6.   The Rubber Band by Rex Stout - Library Kindle Loan
7.   Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs - Library
8.   When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James - Library Kindle Loan
9.   Bossypants by Tina Fey
10. Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers
11. Sour Apples by Sheila Connolly
12.  Forever and a Day by Jill Shalvis
13.  How to Moon a Cat by Rebecca M. Hale
14.  Let's Play Dead by Sheila Connolly
15. Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas


Least Favorite book -  The Rubber Band by Rex Stout.  I really didn't enjoy this one.  I didn't like the characters, the writing style or the mystery.
I also didn't like Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers.  This is one of the few books that I really think I like the movie way better than the book.

Favorite Book - I'd have to say Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas.  I read it in one sitting and can't wait to read the next books in the series.  I also really enjoyed Forever and a Day by Jill Shalvis and the 2 Connolly books.  Anne's House of Dreams is one of my favorites and brought me to tears a few times and Anne of the Island still has one of my favorite endings of all time.

While not a favorite Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs was one of the most unusual books I've ever read that was readable.  I'm looking forward to the sequel to see where he takes this story.




1 comment:

  1. I have done a ton of reading lately. I don't review well any more, and don't keep a monthly count, but I am ahead of my goal for the year. (which is only 52, so take that as you will.) It would help if I didn't spend all day sewing, like I did today.

    ReplyDelete