Wednesday, July 3, 2024

What I'm Reading Wednesday - July 3


I always have a few books going and this is what I'm reading this week and what I think of my reads.

Print Book:


I'm almost done with Shadow of a Spout by Amanda Cooper which I've enjoyed a surprising amount.  It's a good straight forward cozy mystery with two different generations, lots of secrets and gossip and antique teapots.  I don't remember loving the first book but this one has been a lot of fun.

Next Up: 15 Summers Later by RaeAnne Thayne

Ebook: 


The Confidence Games by Tess Amy - I'm about halfway done with this one and am enjoying it.  The characters are a bit older and the topics are a bit more serious than the cover and tagline led me to believe but it's still been a fun read. 

Next Up: A Murder at the Movies by Ellie Alexander - This is the second book in the Secret Bookshelf cozy mystery series and I'm looking forward to it.

Slow Read:  


A Wolf Called Romeo by Nick Jans - This was leant to me by a friend who says it is wonderful and that I need to read it before we visit a wolf preserve in October.  I'm just barely started it so I don't really have an impression of it but I am a bit nervous as it does involve animals.

Audio Book:


Old World Murder by Kathleen Ernst - I'm close to done with it and have enjoyed the mystery though the characters (especially the main character, Chloe) are not my favorite.  So far I like the premise enough to continue the series - especially since I have the next book as an overdue review book.

Next Up: Secrets of the Greek Revival by Eva Pohler

What are you reading?

7 comments:

  1. Initially I was interested in the wolf called Romeo but I'm like you, reluctant and worried about an animal playing a huge part. I went ahead and googled it .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to 15 Summers Later. I'm currently reading The Outlaw Noble Salt by Amy Harmon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Amanda Cooper series sounds good. I must have missed that one. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Characters in the Confidence Game a little bit older? Sounds like the book for me. Glad you are liking the novel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, antique teapots really makes a cozy mystery special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking about reading A Wolf Called Romeo until I read the synopsis and what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post. I really like you are going to read 15 Summers Later as I have my eye on that one, so will have your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete