Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Books Where I Wanted More Of The Story


Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is Ten Books I Want More/Less of Whatever your topic.  I'm doing a little twist and going with ten books I just wanted more from it.  Being I wanted more from the story after going in with high expectations or I just wanted more of as I didn't want to say goodbye to the characters or the world.


1.  15 Summer Later by RaeAnne Thayne - I really loved this book and I was sad to say goodbye to the characters.  I also could have used more animal hijinks!

2.  The Glass Ocean by Beatriz Williams, Karen White, and Lauren Willig - I really enjoyed this book but I wanted more from Tess's storyline and to have it wrapped up a bit better.

3.  The House on Biscayne Bay by Chanel Cleeton - Another book I enjoyed but I wanted more about the house.  I never felt like I got a good sense of it.

4.  The Grace of Wild Things by Heather Fawcett - I was so sad when this book ended and didn't want to read the last page and be done with the world she created.  

5.  The Bookish Life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman - I would not be sad if the author published a short story just letting us check up on what Nina and her new family is doing.


6.  The Lions of Fifth Avenue by Fiona Davis - I enjoyed this book but I think I would have enjoyed it more if there was more about life in the library.  

7.  What You Are Looking For is in the Library by Michiko Aoyama - I just want more stories.  There could be a new series of stories around this library every 6 months and I would happily buy them and read them immediately.

8.  Atlas: The Story of Pa Salt by Lucinda Riley and Harry Whittaker - This is another one where I just want to check in with the characters.  I feel like I spent so much time with them that I'd like a visit.

9.  Hotel of Secrets by Diana Biller - This was one of my favorite books last year.  I'd love another book in this world - or really something else from this atuhor.

10. Dead in a Flash by Brynn Bonner - This is one of my favorite cozy mystery series of all times involving a genealogist and deep dives into family mysteries.  The series ended with this book and I would love to have more either in this series or from this author in general.  

What books did you want more of or more from?

3 comments:

  1. Nice twist on this week's TTT! And I'm totally with you on #s 5 and 7. I want more of both of those books. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list and the reasons why you wanted more. I think I definitely experienced these things when I realised Allison Brook's series had come to an end. What! I wanted more, what about the new house and the two ghost girls etc etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have both The Lions of Fifth Avenue, and What You Are Looking For is in the Library on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete