Thursday, January 4, 2024

Authors I'm Going to Read in 2024

There are so many authors I've been really wanting to read yet somehow never quite get around to reading them.  This year I've made a list of ten authors to read this year to make sure I stop "planning" on reading them and actually read something by them!


1.  Kelley Armstrong - I have been wanting to read something by this author for a decade!

2.  Taylor Jenkins Reid - I've heard so many raves about this author's books and I own several.

3.  Riley Sager - I've heard mixed reviews on some of this author's books but they've mostly skewed positive and the storylines always catch my attention.

4.  Marie Benedict - I own several books by this author and they all look like books I'd enjoy.  

5.  Kristin Hannah - I've seen so many fantastic reviews for books by this author and I own several I've been looking forward to reading.


6.  Ann Patchett - I've been to Patchett's bookstore in Nashville a few times and always mean to read something by her.  

7.  Joanna Schaffhausen - I love suspense and have picked up several books by this author but haven't managed to get to any of them.

8.  Mary Balogh - Balogh used to be one of my go to reads for historical romance but it's been years since I read anything by her and I've been meaning to fix that.

9.  Kristy Woodson Harvey - This is another author that' I've been meaning to read for ages and own several books by her.

10. Jodi Thomas -  So many of my favorite blogger friends have such positive reviews of this author and all the books look like nice cozy reads.

What authors are you hoping to read this year?



7 comments:

  1. Interesting list. I have read some of them, lots of Kelley Armstrong. I've bought the whole Omens series but not read it yet.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both Kelley Armstrong and Riley Sager! they've both written some excellent books. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some great authors on this list! I have enjoyed everything that I have read of Kelley Armstrong's work and definitely hope to read more very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see five authors here that I have read and enjoyed - mostly. Hope you get to them all. Great to know what new authors you want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both Taylor Jenkins Reid and Kristin Hannah. I actually just finished The Women by Hannah which releases next month. I gave it 5 stars, something I don't hand out lightly. I realize it's only January, but I would not be surprised if it's my favorite of 2024. It was that good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read several of these authors before and enjoyed their books. I think of them, Kelley Armstrong is probably my favorite. I hope you get a chance to read something by all of them and enjoy their work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my Facebook friends is a local librarian and she loves Ann Patchett. She adored Tom Lake. I have The Dutch House as an ebook and I hope to get to it this year. 📚

    ReplyDelete