Sunday, March 19, 2023


It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:


The Murderous Type by Sue Minix -I don't know much about this book but I love the cover and can never resist a bookish cozy.  (Publisher)

Currently:


Reading:  Murder in Postscript by Mary Winters and Mrs. Pollifax and the Whirling Dervish by Dorothy Gilman

Listening:  The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood

This was another good week.  We are really starting to gain traction with finding our new normal when it comes to homeschooling.  We have an appointment with Will's pediatrician to get a prescription for physical therapy and just a regular post-treatment check in.  He's feeling pretty good and his energy level is way up which is nice.  We also are trying to get his No-Mo Chemo party scheduled at the affiliate.  We had it scheduled but then Will and I got Covid and had to cancel.

Dog classes have started again and this week we will have a new group of puppies which I'm so looking forward to.  The scent work trial is over and went really smoothly and I'm finally caught up rest wise!  Dog events are hard work!  

I've been in a bit of a reading funk - mostly because I've been tired but also because most of what I've read has really pulled me in.  I've enjoyed all the books I've read but I've been ready for them to be done if that makes sense.  I'm hoping the Mrs. Pollifax book will kick things back into the gear.  If anyone can save the day it's Mrs. Pollifax!

Have a great week and happy reading!

11 comments:

  1. I was in a funk for a while too. I finally tried the Anna Lee Huber series Verity Kent and am loving it, so that'll help. :) I hope your reads are fun this week. I like cozies oriented around books too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading a Dorothy Gilman book right now, too! Not Mrs. P, however. But a shout out to Whirling Dervish since it was the first in the series I read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Murder in Postscript and will be reading it soon. I"m glad you all are finding your new normal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean by the reading funk!! Thanks for your nice comment and I think Maggie O'Farrell got me jump started again. I've been doing well not bringing books home but checking them mout from the library so, so far so good.

    I hope you can get that party going for Will. SO glad he's done with the treatment and I KNOW you all are!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you with your new normal. The party for Will and dog classes with new puppies will be fun. I think changing up genre or styles off helps the reading so Mrs. P is a good choice.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. As soon as I think I'm coming out of my reading funk I go back into one. It's geting ridiculous!

    A No-Mo Chemo party sounds perfect! I hope you post about it and add a lot of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Sue Minix book looks interesting. I don't think I've seen that one around before. I'm really happy to hear things are going so well for you. I get into those reading funks too and a good cozy mystery helps to snap me out of it :) Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dreaded reading funk/slump is no fun! I was sliding into one and DNF's two books in a row at around 10%. Glad I didn't try and plow through them... ended up with something better. Hope Mrs. Pollifax is just what you need!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Katherine!

    Murder in Post Script is on my TBR next in line! I have one more review book to finish and then it's me and the post script murder!

    Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A party to celebrate the end of chemo sounds perfect! It is great that they do that. I hope that you have had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for lots of energy! I hope he gets to have his No-Mo Chemo party, soon! 🎉🎉🎉

    Helping with puppy classes is a good way to get one's puppy fix without the need to have your own puppy to deal with. 🤗

    I hope your reading enjoyment has picked up and you are still well rested. ☀

    ReplyDelete