Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten 2021 Releases I Didn't Get Around to Reading


Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is 2021 Releases I Didn't Get Around to Reading.  This is the first year that I don't have overdue 2021 review books which is VERY exciting for me so while I was better about that I still didn't read all the books I wanted to read.


1.  Your Guide to Not Getting Murdered in a Quaint English Village by Maureen Johnson - With this title how can I not want to read this one??

2. Grave Reservations by Cherie Priest - I've seen a couple of reviews for this one and it sounded fantastic but I didn't get to it.

3.  The Wicked Widow by Beatriz Williams - I've really enjoyed books from this author but it's been far too long since I've read anything by her.

4.  The Mystery of Mrs. Christie by Marie Benedict - It's historical fiction involving Agatha Christie.  I feel like I'm either going to love this one or hate it but I do know I want to read it!

5.  Devil in Disguise by Lisa Kleypas - Basically this is a stand in for the last several years of books by Kleypas because I haven't read any of them even though I've really meant to get them.


6.  The Christmas Bookshop by Jenny Colgan - This sounds amazing and I always enjoy Colgan's books but somehow I didn't get to this one.

7.  A Hex for Danger by Esme Addison - I really enjoyed the first book in this series but didn't pick this one up.

8.  The Forever Girl by Jill Shalvis - This is another stand in but for basically every book by Shalvis in the last few years.  

9.  The Rose Code by Kate Quinn - I finally listened to The Alice Network this year and loved it so now I really want to read more by her.

10. The London House by Katherine Reay - I have read one of her books and it was one of my favorites of 2019.  This blurb really caught my attention but I just ran out of time.

What books did you mean to read but didn't?

12 comments:

  1. I've heard lots of positive about The Rose Code all over the blogosphere. And who could resist Your Guide to Not Getting Murdered in a Quaint English Village?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The (2) pictured plus The Rose Code were also on my TBR. Great list, perhaps 2022 will be your year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read The Mystery of Mrs. Christie and I think you'll like it. Hope so anyway. I did. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you do get a chance to read The Christmas Bookshop and The Rose Code at some point. Both were so good. I didn't get to Hex for Danger either and meant to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get to read all these books! 📚

    I wanted to read Daisy Jones and the Six, but it wasn't on Overdrive or Hoopla and the ebook never went on sale, so penny pincher me was not happy. Ha! 😏

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good list, yes can be difficult to get to them all, I did buy some 2021 books I hope I will read off my shelf this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the title of the new Johnson book. Hilarious!

    Happy TTT (on a Friday)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read a lot of holiday reads last month, but didn't get to The Christmas Bookshop. I'm excited to have it waiting for me for holiday 2022 reads!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read a lot of holiday reads last month, but didn't get to The Christmas Bookshop. I'm excited to have it waiting for me for holiday 2022 reads!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read a lot of holiday reads last month, but didn't get to The Christmas Bookshop. I'm excited to have it waiting for me for holiday 2022 reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, sorry about all the replies. I guess you now know how much I want to read this one :)

      Delete
  11. I do love Kleypas and Shalis! I feel like The Mystery of Mrs. Christie might have been written just for you.

    ReplyDelete