Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Ten Books I'd Buy If I Was Going Bookshopping

 I went used book shopping the other day and had a fabulous time but it got me thinking about books I'd snap up if I happened to come across them at the store next time I'm there.


1.  The Missing Sister by Lucinda Riley - I've really enjoyed this series and I'm really looking forward to this one.

2.  The London House by Katherine Reay - I absolutely loved the book I read by this author and this looks fantastic.

3.  The Unforgiven by Heather Graham - I always enjoy Graham's Krewe of Hunters series and this takes place in New Orleans which is one of my favorite places.

4.  A Skeleton in the Family by Leigh Perry - A YouTuber I watch absolutely loves this series and she has me wanting to try it but of course I need the first book!

5.  The Christmas Bookshop by Jenny Colgan - I've loved every book I've read about by Colgan and this book involving a bookstore during Christmas sounds like one I would love.  


6.  Once Upon a Wardrobe by Patti Callahan - I've been wanting to read this author for awhile and the premise and cover are too much for me to resist.

7.  The Art of the English Murder by Lucy Worsley - I've seen Worsley on various documentaries and love her way of speaking and her humor so I really want to read this.

8.  The House at Riverton by Kate Morton - This is the only Morton book I don't own and one of the few I haven't read.  I do hope that she will come out with another book soon as I do enjoy her stories.

9.  And Only to Deceive by Tasha Alexander - I have several later books in this series but haven't read them as I want to start with the first one.  I mean to get it from the library but if I see it in a used bookstore I'm definitely going to pick it up.

10. Murder on Black Swan Lake by Andrea Penrose - I've heard such great things about this author and they look like books I would love.  I really want the first one especially.

What books would you snap up if you came across them in a used bookstore?

10 comments:

  1. I'm checking on several of your books. All sound very interesting reads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read the entire Andrea Penrose series in September and loved it!

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all look good and a few are on my list too. I love the cover of Once Upon A Wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Christmas Bookshop sounds delightful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that I read And Only to Deceive years ago. I remember liking it but haven't read any more in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once Upon a Wardrobe is on my list. (I don't think it comes out until next month, so it won't be in a used bookstore for a while.)

    I second the recommendation for A Skeleton in the Closet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A nice mix of books in your imagined book haul. Thankfully the library always has Graham, but you might have to get on a wait list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm happy you got to go book shopping! 🙌🙌🙌

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to read and if not reading I love to think about what books I might buy. Love your list. I do want to read the Heather Graham books at some point. Once Upon a Wardrobe was great.

    ReplyDelete