Thursday, July 19, 2018

Books from the Backlog - Crime and Poetry

Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!  Today's book is Crime and Poetry by Amanda Flower

Blurb:  Rushing home to sit by her ailing grandmother’s bedside, Violet Waverly is shocked to find Grandma Daisy the picture of perfect health. Violet doesn’t need to read between the lines: her grandma wants Violet back home and working in her magical store, Charming Books. It’s where the perfect book tends to fly off the shelf and pick you...

Violet has every intention to hightail it back to Chicago, but then a dead man is discovered clutching a volume of Emily Dickinson’s poems from Grandma Daisy’s shop. The victim is Benedict Raisin, who recently put Grandma Daisy in his will, making her a prime suspect. Now, with the help of a tuxedo cat named Emerson, Violet will have to find a killer to keep Grandma from getting booked for good...

How long has it been on the shelf: Actually not that long relatively speaking - only since the summer of 2016.

Why I want to read it: There's a magical bookstore!  I need a book with a magical bookstore! Plus I love a book with some bookish related crime.

What book from the backlog is calling you?

5 comments:

  1. Magical bookstores would certainly be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go ahead and say it - you need to own a magical bookstore - right? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo... magical bookstore - say no more! Quite right that you wanted to brush the dust off this one and tuck right in:) I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think everyone needs to read books about magical bookstores :) This one sounds great and I hope you enjoy it once you get the chance to read it, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this one, Katherine! I hope you do, too.

    ReplyDelete