Sunday, September 24, 2017

This Week in Reading - September 24


It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:

Just one this week!

Promise Not to Tell by Jayne Ann Krentz - I requested this awhile ago but wasn't sure if I was going to get it so I was super excited when the approval came through.  Krentz has proven to be an author I really enjoy.  I'd love to tackle her backlist but for now reading her current books is working out okay!  (NetGalley)











Currently:

Reading: Last Christmas in Paris by Hazel Gaynor and Stolen Marriage by Diane Chamberlain

Listening:  I just finished Faithful and am now waiting for The Chilbury Ladies' Choir by Jennifer Ryan.  I'm next on the list!

Watching:  I started watching Steampunk'd on Hulu which is a competition show involving teams designing Steampunk inspired rooms.  I'm not really a big fan of Steampunk but this show has proven super addictive!

Off the Blog:

This weekend we are camping!  We probably should stay home and get stuff done since we're heading to Disney next weekend but the weather's too good to pass up and I'm really looking forward to just hanging out and relaxing.  We are actually staying local but the park is gorgeous and we got a campsite over looking the city so I think it'll be really pretty at night.

On the Blog:

What Happened:

What's Coming Up:

Monday: The Winter Wedding Plan - Contemporary Romance Review
Tuesday:  Top Ten Tuesday - Books That Feature Characters Who Come Home
Wednesday:  Sleep Like a Baby - Mystery Review
Thursday: A Cajun Christmas Killing - Cozy Mystery Review
Friday: Friday Linkups with current book
Saturday: What I've been doing on Pinterest These Days

Have a great week and happy reading!



25 comments:

  1. Have a great weekend camping! Sometimes going locally is fun, it's nice getting away but not being that far from home either.

    Steampunk'd sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! Camping sounds like fun! I hope you have a wonderful time!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went camping twice. I grew up in Brooklyn, camping is a stretch for my kind. I did it for my GS troop, but they preferred indoor camping (thank goodness for me!). I hope you had an amazing time. I miss living in FL, because I used to got to WDW all the time. Now, it's been 4 years (I think). Give the mouse a hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you're having a great time there. Yay, sounds fantastic. Enjoy your new books and have a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to camp and I haven't been in a long, long time. My husband actually mentioned buying a tent yesterday, so I'm hopeful.

    I need to find Last Christmas in Paris. Sounds like a book for me!

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/09/everything-book-ish-readathoncybilstexa.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not much of a camper but hope you have fun! You did better than me this week with only grabbing one book. All my request came in...lol.

    Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow your camping trip sounds great!! Hope you enjoyed Faithful. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Camping sounds fun. Did you get a lot of time to read? I love reading in natural surroundings the most!
    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy camping! I really need to get over my issues and at least try it once. :)
    Have a great week, Katherine! Happy Reading! ox

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't gone camping in years! Sounds good...have fun.

    I have Promise Not to Tell on my list...and, for some reason, didn't get approved for it on NetGalley...sigh.

    I guess I'll wait for it to be released. Enjoy! Thanks for sharing.

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your camping and trip to Disney! Love your blog! I was especially fascinated by the huge collection you have on Agatha Christie! I, too am a great fan of Christie. I will probably read each and every post you have got there!

    Enjoy!

    Oh, and btw, here is my blog if you wish to check out: https://literaryteawither.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you've had a lovely camping trip! It was a beautiful weekend here as well. Mr. Bookwyrm and I went to a Harry Potter festival.

    I know you'll enjoy Promise Not To Tell. I promise not to tell (or give anything away), but I plowed through it a week or two ago and it was definitely up to her standards.

    Have a great week, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I'm going to have to check out Steampunk'd on Hulu. Enjoy your new book and the week coming up too. :)

    Jenea's Book Obsession's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll be checking out the show on Hulu. Sounds like something I'd enjoy, have fun camping....though have to say rather you than me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoy the camping. Lovely score with the JAK book. Hope you like listening to the Chilbury Ladies - definitely audio is the way to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Camping sounds fun! It is far too hot and muggy here (what's this whole thing about the start of Fall??) for me to want to camp ;) in a couple weeks when it cools down I know I'll be so jealous of the people camping!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Promise Not to Tell sounds really good. I hope you like it! I hope you are enjoying your camping trip! I know you'll be busy next weekend with Disney. That's too much fun for a family to have. LOL Just kidding. I hope you have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you have a fun time camping and at Disney World! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Vacationing before the vacation. I like it! I hope your pre-Disney week is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. We went to WDW twice - when the kids were young (3,6 &9) and then when the two youngest were in HS. Fun times. Hope you have a great time and that you had a good time camping this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Camping this week and Disney next week?! You guys are busy. Sounds like fun! I almost requested the Jayne Ann Krentz book but her last one didn't impress me. I will look forward to your review and may grab it from the library if you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love Jayne Ann Krentz's books and I have this one on NetGalley too. It looks great. Have fun camping!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't blame you - at this time of year if the weather is good you should make the most of it:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope you enjoyed your camping! I will be looking forward to your Pinterest post. I hope you are having a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete