The Broke and The Bookish is Top Ten Books I'd Buy if Someone Handed Me a Gift Card. I am famous for completely locking up in bookstores. I want to own all the books but at the same time I know I have so many books waiting for me at home to read and then there's all the books at the library and do I really need to spend money on books when I have so many and round and round and round. But since this is imaginary I'm thinking I can do this without the urge to curl up into a ball!
2. The Forgotten Room by Karen White, Beatriz Williams, and Lauren Willig - I read The Other Daughter by Lauren Willig awhile ago and loved it. Karen White and Beatriz Williams are authors I've really been wanting to try and I love the blurb for this story!
3. The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America by Erik Larson - I've been listening to stories about old crimes on podcasts lately and enjoying them but there's nothing creepier than the story of H.H. Holmes. Plus, I've been wanting to try Larson's books for awhile.
4. Ghostland: An American History in Haunted Places by Colin Dickey - This is another book selection inspired by a podcast - in this case All the Books!. Liberty Hardy from BookRiot had this book as one she was looking forward too and it sounds amazing! I love a good ghost story. It doesn't come out until October so I'd have to pre-order it but I think I can handle that.
6. Love, Loss, and What We Ate: A Memoir by Padma Lakshmi - I love Top Chef and I adore Padma. Padma has had a fascinating life and I really want to know more about her.
7. The Lake House by Kate Morton - I read and loved a Kate Morton book years ago and really did mean to read more but somehow just never did. This one in particular has been calling me lately. I can't resist and abandoned house and a decades old mystery!
8. The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman - This one has been calling my name lately! I love the cover, the fact that it has the word library in the title, and the whole blurb. I'm really looking forward to this one!
9. Something About You by Julie James - Quinn over at Quinn's Book Nook has had me just dying to jump into this series that combines FBI agents and US Attornies. I can't wait to get started!
10. Roots and Sky: A Journey Home in Four Seasons by Christie Purifoy - I heard an interview with Christie Purifoy on a podcast called The Simple Show and I was instantly intrigued by this book about her family's first year settling into an old farm house and everything that required. It sounded really interesting and it's definitely a book I'd like to read!
What would you buy if someone handed you a gift card?