1. Out of Print shirts - I've been looking at these bookish tshirts for ages but finally gave in a couple of months ago and bought myself a few and I love them. They're super soft and hold up really well. I've worn mine countless times and there's no fading or pilling. I have The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The Secret of the Old Clock, A Choose Your Own Adventure (that has choices on the back!!), A Wrinkle in Time, The Great Gatsby, and Curious George (picked by the Tornado). I did make a rule that I had to have read the book and liked it before I can buy the shirt which is pushing up a few books on my TBR. I do recommend going up a size when buying. I normally where a small in tshirts but I got a medium in all of these and they fit really well.
2. Filled Twizzlers - Twizzlers are one of my favorite snacks for road trips and the last trip I accidentally bought the Filled Twizzlers and became obsessed. Like trying to come up with excuses to go to the grocery store so I could buy more kind of obsessed. They're the perfect combination of sweet and tangy and I could eat them by the packful. I'm trying to work on restraint but it's so hard!
3. Raw Whole Almonds - Deep in the throes of my Filled Twizzlers addiction I read an article about someone trying all the Victoria Secret Angel tips and tricks. One of them was snacking on raw almonds and the author was pretty complimentary of them so I thought I'd give them a try to see if that helped me manage my sweet tooth cravings and so far I've been really surprised. When I'm feeling the need to eat 3 cupcakes for a snack I'll go and grab a couple of almonds and the craving will become manageable. I'm not sure if it's placebo or not but whatever it is it's working!
4. The Farmer's Market - One of my favorite things this time of year is the Farmer's Market. We have several in the area but my favorite one is downtown on Thursday afternoons. They always have a bunch of vendors and the selection is always great. Plus there are several bakeries that have booths that are absolutely amazing. If I'm being fully honest that's probably why I like it!
5. Wingers Sticky Chicken Fingers Recipe from Creme de la Crumb- This chicken is so good and so easy! It was one of those recipes that the first time I looked at it I wasn't sure it was going to work. Baking breaded chicken and then rolling it in the glaze just seemed like asking for trouble and I just didn't see how the ingredients of the sauce would actually end up working. I was so so so wrong! It really reminded me of chicken wings but easier to eat and better for you. Dip it in ranch or blue cheese and you've got a tasty dinner.
6. Dr. Teal's Bath Salts - I'm definitely a bath girl. It's my favorite way to unwind in the evening and relaxes me like nothing else. My very favorite thing to put in the bath is the Dr. Teal's salts. I buy the big bags from the grocery store and will dump in a cup or two. You get the benefits of epsom salts, it smells amazing (my favorite currently is the ginger and clay) and doesn't leave a mess in the tub or make it all oily like so many products do. Plus they're pretty cheap and easy to find.
7. Tocca Hand Creams - I love these hand creams and have tubes hidden everywhere. I have super dry hands and not great nails and these really help. I love that they do really seem to moisturize but the don't leave my hands greasy. Plus they smell amazing! I have Giulietta in my desk drawer which smells like Pink Tulips and Green Apple and Cleopatra next to my bed which Grapefruit and Cucumber.
8. Romantic Suspense Books - When the temperatures start to rise and the humidity is so high that I just feel like the air is sitting on my there is nothing I want to read more than romantic suspense. Something about the danger and the banter and all that keeps me turning pages when I can't seem to focus on other genres. Some of my favorites are anything by Heather Graham, Nora Roberts suspense titles, Jayne Ann Krentz, and Lauren Griffin.
9. Tomato Sandwiches - My absolute food in the summer is a tomato sandwich - toasted bread, a dash of mayonnaise, some bacon if I'm feel decadent, a drizzle of balsamic if I'm feeling fancy and most importantly lots of fresh sliced tomatoes. I absolutely love getting them out of my own garden and going right in and making a sandwich while they're still warm but tomatoes from other peoples' gardens are okay too. Just as long as they're not the forced ripe things they sell at the grocery store that pretend to be tomatoes.
10. Mario Kart 8 - It's summer and school is out which means later nights and lazy mornings but also there's a lot of free time and time to fill. Lately the Tornado and I have been playing some serious Mario Kart tournaments and we're having such a good time. I like that it's something we can play together and we don't really get stuck at levels like we have with some of the other games.
While there isn't much cooking in this list there is a lot of food so I'm linking up with Weekend Cooking hosted by Beth Fish Reads.