The Broke and the Bookish is my Top Ten Favorite Non-Bookish sites. This was ridiculously hard! Pretty much every site I go to regularly has something to do with books! But after a few minutes I came up with 10 and while they're not technically bookish a lot of them now have books out!
Pinterest - My love of Pinterest isn't exactly a secret. I have my 52 Pins in 52 Weeks feature I do the last Saturday of every month and about half of what I say starts with "I saw this on Pinterest..." I don't remember how I figured anything out without it!
2. IMDb - We've started trying to broaden our horizons with movies and TV and it never fails that there's at least one actor that I know I've seen somewhere but neither me nor my husband can remember where. I think I check IMDb at least once or twice a week to figure out where I know someone from!
3. Ancestry - I LOVE genealogy. I love to try and figure out the story of a family or a person and I could spend hours researching. I only renew my membership for a month once or twice a year but it's a very happy month!
The Bloggess - So technically Jenny Lawson has published 2 books which makes it questionable if this in fact a bookish website BUT it was a blog way before it was a book and it's hilarious and insightful all at the same time.
5. Knock Off Decor - I like to pretend I'm crafty and am going to make stuff for around the house and this website is awesome. It basically showcases the best projects from other blogs and provides the links. I've gotten so many great ideas off this site. I haven't actually done them yet but I'm thinking about it!
6. The Small Things Blog - Kate is amazing. She talks products and gives the best makeup and hair tutorials.
7. Southern Plate - Another blog that has produced some books but those books are cookbooks so I don't think it counts. Not only is Christy Jordan local but her recipes are consistently yummy and relatively simple.
8. The Recipe Critic - This is another super consistent food blog. The recipes tend to be a little more complex but are still great for making on a Wednesday and the results are always delicious.
9. Plain Chicken - Another food blog and another favorite. This one is super simple but I don't think I've ever made a recipe that's not fantastic.
10. Subscription Box Ramblings - This site is dangerous because she gets pretty much every subscription box in existence and reviews them which usually makes me want them ALL. I love subscription boxes and I love that I can go here and check out her last 6 boxes to see if one is worth it before I sign up.
So what are your favorite Non-Bookish sites?