Sunday, April 13, 2014

Showcase Sunday

It's time for Showcase Sunday!  This is a linkup hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea where you showcase all the books you've collected through the week.

Mine has been a pretty quiet week.  Not as quite as last week where for the first time in as long as I can remember I got no books.  I'm starting to catch up a little on my reviews which is lovely but I want new books!  This week I ended up with 3 - 1 actual and 2 e-ARCs.


Pies and Prejudice by Ellery Adams - I got this one in the mail through Paperbackswap this week.  I've read one of Adams' Books by the Bay series and while I found her writing style enjoyable I didn't like the characters.  I'm hoping this will be better.  Plus it involves books and baking so I can overlook quite a bit for those.






Murder on the Home Front: A True Story of Morgues, Murders and Mysteries During the London Blitz by Molly Lefebure

I was really excited when this came through on Netgalley.  This is the story of a young journalist who becomes the secretary of a forensic pathologist during the war.

We Are the Goldens by Dana Reinhardt - I'm a little nervous about this one.  It looks like it could be a little angst-y and I don't particularly love angst.  I am curious to see what the older sister's secret is and the plot itself does look intriguing.

3 comments:

  1. Baking and books, how can you not want to read about that?
    Enjoy your reads.
    Happy reading!
    My SS

    ReplyDelete
  2. The library near me was promoting "Pies and Prejudice" in a foodie display this week. Please let us know what you think. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have high hopes for this one. I really liked her writing in another series but didn't care for the setting and premise. Hoping this will keep the good and fix the bad!

      Delete